ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adivce on damaged phone

The Bus and MRT
Does anyone know much about getting a replacement phone after I've damaged it?

I managed to drop it in a rockpool on the first night of my holiday after a couple of beers :drunk: it only half submerged and I pulled it out turned it off and let it dry before turning it back on. It still sort of works but every now and then looses signal or constantly gives and 'error in connection' message when trying to call people and bluetooth to my PC won't work. I'm not sure if it's the SIM card or the phone that's screwed (or both) but have since realised that it was salt water I dropped it in and it's propbably rotting away the insides of the phone so I expect it to get progressively worse.

I was just going to call Orange and say it's stopped working and must be a faulty phone but my mate used to work at a call centre and said there's a strip of paper in phones that shrivels up when it gets wet so they no if the phone has been in water. Is this true for Nokia 6233's and will it void my insurance if it is?

Cheers.

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I would have thought being as your phone is insured it should be covered for accidental damage. Take a look at the policy and see what it covers.

Call them up, threaten to cancel. When asked why tell them truthfully that you have damaged your phone and that you will drop your contract to the lowest rate as it will be cheaper than getting a new phone. HOPEFULLY they will get down on their knee's and offer you a new phone!

At least, thats what happened to me.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I cracked the screen om my w800. Rang Orange as I have insurance. After a few questions about how it happened they agreed to send out a new one next day.

£15 admin charge though.

The Bus and MRT
raf182 said:
Call them up, threaten to cancel. When asked why tell them truthfully that you have damaged your phone and that you will drop your contract to the lowest rate as it will be cheaper than getting a new phone. HOPEFULLY they will get down on their knee's and offer you a new phone!

At least, thats what happened to me.

Already pulled that one 3 months ago when my phone was nicked from a bar, they said it wouldn't be covered as I had left it on bar and wasn't looking at it the whole time :S

I'll give them another call though cheers