ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adjusting Koni rear shocks...mk1(picture)

6/468 17poo

Can someone please give me a helping hand, i bought koni rear adjustable special shocks for the rear of my mk1 1.4 and the car still bounces quite a bit therefore i wanna adjust them so there more supportive (stiffer is the word!)

anyway here is the leaflet which came with them on how to adjust looks complicated, is it tho?ive never done anything to do with shocks on a car by the way!cheers in advance, Ryan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v731/beatjunkie98/koni2.jpg

[Edited by beatjunkie on 14 September 2005 at 6:00pm]

clio 200

its quite easy m8, but they cant be adjusted on the car, basically just pull down the plastic cover that protects the strut the press the button which can be quite hard to actually press down but you will know once its down by a clicky noise the just turn the damper clockwise for stiffer iirc

6/468 17poo

coolio cheers mate, how do i remove them from the car?i dont wanna pay a garage to do it as i need to learn is it as simple as unscrewing the two large bolts probly (17mm ones) then removeing the strut>?

thanks for your help, Ryan

Yup, support the trailing arm wiht a jack, and remover hte two bolts and its off, remember to torque them up afterwards tho

6/468 17poo

Just had a look in haynes and looks like an easy task im sure altering the shocks cant be too hard now A19cup has desicribed it in a better way, cheers lunner will have a go one day next week,ill borrow a torque wrench from work it says that top nut is 80 and lower one is 60 easily done!

hopefully this will improve the handling at the back as the front is runnin koni sports on hardest settin the backs soft as a bag of sh*te!

Ryan