ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adjusting Xenons for Continental Driving

BMW 320d SE
Is this possible, or do I have to have those crappy beam deflectors?
I know some cars have a sort of adjustment lever, which changes the dipped beams for driving abroad. I just wondered as those beam deflectors you can get don't seem suited for the projector lens type of headlamp that's on my 182.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
The Xenons are auto adjusting, there is a little arm attached to you rear axle on the passenger's side which goes off how much the suspension in compressed by weight in the car.

Just blind them all!! Or deflectors.

BMW 320d SE
Oh I know about that, but that's just for up and down. The beams also point to the left, and they need to point right in Europe.

dCi 100
You have a little white rod behind the indicator bulb.
A bit to the right/left depending on the headlamp side.

Dunno if I made myself understood :\

BMW M135i
Yeh its there, I noticed when I was fitting mine. Should be able to see it easily enough, not sure how sucessful you'll be at adjusting the manually though.
Its a little white allen socket which adjusts the horizontal angle of the entire lense including main beam and the xenon projector.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I got some headlight protectors on them is a square you tape over job done .

No effing around.

BMW M135i
^^^

Probably the best option really, because you've got to adjust them right in the first place then you've got to put them back to how they were before. And I can imagine its a minefield.

Da

Less
afaik you would have to buy the continental xenon units if you wanted to change the beam = £££'s!!! As fred and co says above, just use the stick on thingies.

2002 Clio Sport 172
The xenon headlight are self levelling not adjusting.. if they need adjusting you need to either turn the white dial on the side with an allen key, or on mine I had to turn in the white screw on the servo, this is what worked for my xenons as they were pointing way too high!

Gemma

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
g40steve said:
I got some headlight protectors on them is a square you tape over job done .

No effing around.

There is a square marked out on my protectors for driving abroad, just fill with tape JD, these do not touch xenons.

FredYozzasport said:
why does it say on the packet "ok for use with xenon lamps" and it has instructions on how to fit them to a clio?

I have no idea but everywhere i've worked the manufacturer (of the car not the masks i hasten to add) say you must not use headlamp masks on cars with xenon or bi xenon lamps and only supply masks for cars running halogen units.

BMW 320d SE
Loony said:
I have no idea but everywhere i've worked the manufacturer (of the car not the masks i hasten to add) say you must not use headlamp masks on cars with xenon or bi xenon lamps and only supply masks for cars running halogen units.
Well that's what I thought originally, which is why I asked the question. Like somebody said, they don't bother when they come over here, so I shall probably not bother either!