ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed!

Hi All!

Im new to all the modifying your car business!

Ive got a Renault Clio 1.2 Versailles (1996). I want to sport it up with a body kit and some interior styling too.

Has anyone got any advice on places that do this? Any of these companies have an internet site?

Regards...

Karl

Im doing pretty much the same as you to my 1.2 (1997) Clio.

Ive recently put a rear tailgate spoiler on (from Prima). Next will be alloys and then bodykit. Website for that is http://www.primaracing.com
Prima have a good range of products, and seem to offer quite reasonable prices.

I find it good to buy a magazine such as Max Power, Revs or Fast Car - You can usually get some good ideas from these and they are also packed with adverts.

I also found the Demon Tweaks - http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk - catalogue very helpful, as they tend to sell almost anything

Hope this helps,
Darren

I think the Alien bodykit on the Prima site looks outstanding!!!!

Do bodykits include paintwork?? My clio is a grey colour but I wanna change it to blue.

Lionel Richie

Nope, you just get the unpainted kit. Its going to cost you a bit to change the colour of the whole car something like £1500 for a decent job

Yep, changing your clios colour from grey to blue would be a major mission!! This is due that to do it properly the whole car needs to be stripped to the bare bones so the whole shell can be painted! Otherwise, for example, when you open the bonnet the inside would still be grey!!

Yea, the alien bodykit is nice.
I would imagine the bodykits come just primered, ready to be painted - I know my spoiler did from them. I then had to find a bodyshop to spray and fit it.

As for changing the colour of the whole car, its a big job, but of course, its possible - Just gotta find someone who can do it, for a reasonable price.

Darren

Quote: "Yea, the alien bodykit is nice.
I would imagine the bodykits come just primered, ready to be painted - I know my spoiler did from them. I then had to find a bodyshop to spray and fit it."

Say I want to keep my car grey (just for an easy example). Once I have the Alien bodykit fitted will I then need to get it painted grey or will it already have been done?

Me is a little bit confused!!

Lionel Richie

anything from about £300-£500 inc fitting and spraying (this is a rough guess, cos it depends on how hard the kit is to install)