ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on Private Plate Needed!!??

Mini Cooper
My girlfriend takes her test this week, and when she passes she will be driving this:

NEWMINIPICS002.jpg

NEWMINIPICS007.jpg

As a present for when/if she passes, Ive bought her a private plate to go on the car which is S16 GYX.
This is basically a shorter version of her surname which people call her, Siggy!!

Anyway, Im looking at getting the plates made up and cant decide whether to just get plain ones, or ones with logos, slogans, etc!!

So please vote either A, B or C

A. Plain plate with 3D lettering
SIGGYX2.jpg

B. 3D Lettering and Mini Logo
SIGGYX1.jpg

C. 3D Lettering, Mini Logo and Nickname underneath
siggyx3.jpg

Dont want it to look OTT and cheapen the look of the car, so what ya think!??

Cheers

Only A is legal out of that lot. You can't have the pics down the side, unless you have a country one (eu etc)

It just depends on what the police are like as to whether she'll get pulled or not.

Rsport182Cup'd
Only A is legal out of that lot. You can't have the pics down the side, unless you have a country one (eu etc)

It just depends on what the police are like as to whether she'll get pulled or not.

top is not legal, incorrect spacing, so do the one with the nickname on the bottom, worry about the legals later, if worried carry a real spare set with you in car

ive had illegal plates on for 4 months and never been pulled once... i guess each area is different though...

Mini Cooper
yes, i realise the spacing is dodgy, dint realise it was illegal to have a logo down the side!!

i dint consider that, i was more bothered about which one will look better and not to 'in yer face'

Rsport182Cup'd
like the logos, if you are going illegal with spacing i would not worry about pics, look on my profile i got that plate on, and its ok really, but got sum others in car for the odd occasion, only needed once.

Clio 182
Illegal or not I'd go for A

russ, how did the police react to the velcro plates on that one occasion? I would have thought they could still fine you anyway.. still not got round to registering my plates to my 182 yet - mainly because I dont want anymore fuss from the police, they love it round here :(

Turbos.
Cool first car, bet she's chuffed.

I prefer just plain plates with no borders or anything. Less is more!

mini cooper (RIP 172)
i'd go for A! but might have the Nickname underneath!

thats what ive just got;)

R 5NRY with 172 under it