ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on vodafone contract

BG 182
Hi all,

8 months ago I renewed my contract with Vodafone and got the HTC one x.

about 2 months ago my phone stopped receiving wifi signal from any router and the touchscreen became intermittent in operation.

meanwhile, I haven't had hardly any signal in any areas, extremely poor quality of service, which is something both Vodafone and everyone I know who is with them is aware of. http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/vodafone-customers-finally-have-a-signal-50412.aspx

what I want to know is do I have any grounds to cancel the contract based on the the signal issues? or do they have a special clause protecting them?

Nothing at the mo :(
phone is 12months warrenty no? ring them up and tell them. if they try and fob you of telling them to send it to HTC say "No. i got the phone from you not HTC. its your problem" which is it

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
As above, it's their issue.

However they're obligated to repair or replace, whatever they deem necessary. If they choose repair it should be within reasonable time, expect a week IMO. If they choose to replace it then they'll replace it.

Nothing at the mo :(
As above, it's their issue.

However they're obligated to repair or replace, whatever they deem necessary. If they choose repair it should be within reasonable time, expect a week IMO. If they choose to replace it then they'll replace it.

Yep what heez said. But big companies always try and fob the problem of with the manufacturer. I once had a HP laptop from PC world and after 3 months it failed. they tried to give me bulls**t saying that ME personally has to ring them up and get it picked up for repair. Basically told them i did NOT buy it from them i bought it from you. So if there is a problem then you send it of for repair or replacement not me. Make sure they don't do the same.

Hi all,

8 months ago I renewed my contract with Vodafone and got the HTC one x.

about 2 months ago my phone stopped receiving wifi signal from any router and the touchscreen became intermittent in operation.

meanwhile, I haven't had hardly any signal in any areas, extremely poor quality of service, which is something both Vodafone and everyone I know who is with them is aware of. http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/vodafone-customers-finally-have-a-signal-50412.aspx

what I want to know is do I have any grounds to cancel the contract based on the the signal issues? or do they have a special clause protecting them?

Hi sinnie92,

Thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

As your HTC One is faulty we can certainly get a repair arranged. For further information on how to do this see our eForum here.

If you're still experiencing difficulties with the network I'd recommend following the troubleshooting guide here.

If you'd like to discuss any others concerns could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - FAO Lee in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK

BG 182
Err^

anyway, its all sorted now. they gave me a new phone in 4 days from sending off which tbf i cant grumble.

signal is still b****cks in newport, i dont like towns anyway...