ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice Please

R

rich[182]

I've about 2hrs most weekends if I'm lucky.......I'm no detailing enthusiast :eek:

How about the below ?

AG bodywork shampoo conditioner OR Meguirs gold class shampoo and conditioner
Prima Hydro OR Turtle wax wash it wet
Meguirs hot rims wheel cleaner
Meguirs endurance tyre gel
Poorboys natural look dressing OR Prima nero vinyl and rubber protection (for interior - matt finish)

Every 4-8 Weeks

AG super resin polish
AG extra gloss

Thanks
Rich

hi m8................... best person i could recommend would b a guy called RICH , tbh he would tell everything u need to know , or do a quick search m8

BMW E46 330i Touring
Megs shampoo over AG anyday... Don't know about the Prima or Turtle Wax, but I'd bet on the Prima.

Everything else is fine. You shouldn't need to use hot rims every time though, once to clean them off, then polish and wax with the AG range and they should only need shampoo in future.

I'd use SRP every 2-4 weeks and EGP as much as you want.

106 GTi
I would be more inclined to say you should only really need the super Resin once every 3 months.

I would look at.

Weekly: Wash and Quick Detail and or some form of spray wax/sealant, Glass clean, dress trim etc
Fortnightly - Monthly: As above plus a coat of Carnuba Wax
Every 3 - 6 months Polish and Seal the whole car AG SRP and EGP.

Last edited:
R

rich[182]

Been looking round various sites, how's about the following kit

Weekly

50/50 mix of 1Z exclusive glanz shampoo & 1Z perls shampoo
1Z non acid wheel cleaner spray
1Z tyre foam
Megs NXT spray wax (when wet)
AG fast glass cleaner spray
Megs endurance high gloss tyre shine gel
** For cleaning front splitter and rear bumper insert what does everyone recommend ?

2-3 Months

AG SRP
AG EGP

Other Stuff

1Z cockpit premium spray (OEM look matt finish)
AG metal polish (tailpipes)
AG engine cleaner
Megs scratch x (as and when needed)

Cheers
rich[182]

BMW E46 330i Touring
All looks pretty good mate, I'd be tempted to go for a different spray wax, maybe the Optimum Spray Wax (from motorgeek.co.uk).

Also, I'm a big fan of Autosol metal polish, so not sure what the Megs is like.

It's worth saying that make sure you're buying only what you need, as it's very easy to think you need a million products when in reality it's the same 3 or 4 that you'll use every week and the other 10 once in a blue moon...

106 GTi
I would go for the OCW as well rather than the NXT one.
Poorboys Bold and Bright rather than the other two tyre dressings.

Front Splitter - AG Vinyl and Rubber
Rear Bumper Insert and Mirror Plastcs - AG Bumper Care

Autoglym Metal Polish and Autosol are pretty much the same apart from the AG can be brought in decent sized 300ml bottle.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
OCW is really nice for a quick wax top up after you have washed your car. Great product.

106 GTi
Also works well as a stand alone sealnet. Applied it to my 306 Back in July - the car has not been washed or anything since and it is still beading this morning in the rain.

R

rich[182]

Revised shopping list

1Z exclusive glanz shampoo
1Z pers shampoo
1Z non acid wheel cleaner spray
OCW spray wax
AG fast glass cleaner spray
Poorboys bold and bright tyre dressing
AG metal polish
AG bumper care
AG vinyl and rubber care spray
1Z cockpit premium spray
AG engine cleaner
Megs Scratch X
AG SRP
AG EGP

What should I be looking at buying to :-

- Dry after washing
- Apply and remove OCW spray wax
- Apply and remove both the SRP and EGP
- Apply the bumper & vinyl products
- For Scratch X

106 GTi
Drying - A decent Waffle Weave drying Towel, I use the Micropak ones from Clean and Shiny.

Apply and Remove OCW with Plush Microfibers, I use Micropk Ultra Plushes from Clean and Shiny.

Apply AG SRP and EGP with Yellow Foam hand pads, remove with a microfiber towel.

Apply and Remove bumper & vinyl products with Microfiber clothes.

Scratch X normally with a folded terry towel to give decent bite, milder use again with a Yellow Foam hand pad.

You probably only need one or other of the shampoos or maybe something like CG Wash and Wax.

Mixing the two 1Z's is just one of my geeky things!