ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

little bit of help please ( detailing methods )

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
hi all, need a little bit off help with my detailing methods. iv looked at many threads , but in that respect we all have a different way of tackling it.

here's my current way of detailing my car.

cleaning stage: ( every week or two )

> pre rinse with steam pressure washer ( including arches and underside )
> snowfoam with megs hyper wash
> truckwash at 50:1 in a spray bottle , work around all door shuts and pannel gaps with soft AG brush
> truckwash at 30:1 in a spray bottle and work around alloys with various brushes. arches included
> engine bay lightly dusted with truckwash and a old microfibre
> rise whole car again
> snowfoam , leave it on as working way around car with 2BM megs ultimate wash ( yellow coloured shampoo? )
> rinse again with open ended hose
> dry with airline getting into everywhere and drying surplus water up with a microfibre

polishing/ filling/ waxing stage ( once every 3 months )

>pre clense ( sp ) with megs cleaner wax,
> AG SRP 2 coats or megs 2nd step polish ( depends on time i have )
> AG ultra deep shine on alloy faces 2-3coats
> polarized wheel bolts removed and cleaned, followed by 2 coats of AG sealant
> engine dressed with AG bumper care ( some plastics are currently coated with gtec c4 ), boost pipes and other metals polished up with megs metal polish)
> wheels waxed with poorboys wheel sealant
> bodywork 2-3 coats of collinite 915 spaced out over a few hours
> all rubbers treated with AG rubber gel
> tyres lightly spruced with megs tyre gel
> all glasses cleaned with household window cleaner.
> body work all wiped down after with megs quick detailer to remove any missed polishing/waxing marks

now heres the thing that annoys me, 2 weeks later after doing the ' 3 month wax blah blah stage '
the car looks dull again.

is it something in my washing method thats f**king it up or am i being to picky with how shiney i want my pearl black clio ? :eek:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
fooking lol, next time your car has to be up andys , and is staying up there for the night. im going over it with the rotary polisher :rasp:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
not if you know how to use a rotary properly dave. PDG on your paintwork aswell will tel me how much paint is left on it LOL