ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice please!

Black R26, Iceburg 172
While driving in Greenwich last night in an area i don't know very well looking for a shop, i accidently pulled into the entrance of a one way street facing the wrong way. Im annoyed at myself for doing so, but i just saw the place i was looking for and pulled into the road next to it without being aware until i was in it, that i had gone through the no entry signs. Looks like there was one of those bus lane cameras facing my direction on the main road i pulled off of. What do you think the likelyhood of getting a ticket in the post will be and does anyone know what fine this offence carries? Cheers.

what's the worst case scenario? ticket / points? easier said than done, but wouldn't worry too much about it...hardly a hanging offence ;) nobody injured or hurt, so wouldn't lose too much sleep over it.

i have a funny feeling those bus lane cameras only work with the flow of traffic, i.e. that someone is using the bus lane as a short cut to avoid sitting in traffic.

Black R26, Iceburg 172
I mean until the fine drops through the post i wont worry too much but was mainly wondering if it will be points as well which would be my first ones so not too much of an issue. Might just have been a CCTV camera for the path or shops or something? Will just have to wait!

Black R26, Iceburg 172
Just found this quote off a motoring website.

"In the case of other minor offences related to driving a vehicle, but not involving licence endorsements (e.g.. Not wearing a safety helmet or driving the wrong way in a one way street), a FPN may be given to the driver but only by a uniformed police officer".

Looks like i might be ok :D

there you go...told ya not to worry! you'll still be kecking your pants for the next month with the postal strike waiting to see if you got a ticket / fine lol

Black R26, Iceburg 172
Haha yep i sure will, i am sure their council will want to get money from me if there is any chance for them to benifit! Ah well was an easy mistake to make...