ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aero Wiper not sitting flush..

ClioSport 172 Cup
Anyone else experienced problems with their drivers side Aero wiper not sitting flushing against the windscreen(its arched slightly)?? The result is a patch of the screen doesn`t get wiped!! Very annoying. I haven`t figured out what to do yet, thought about bending the wiper to see if it pushes the blade against the screen but the wipers feel very solid(couldn`t bend it by hand on car) and didn`t want to snap one!

Cheers,

Samuel :)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I might be wrong, but I think going from a 21" blade to a 22" blade helps with this. It did the same on my Clio, but I never bothered trying to sort it.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
No idea. I didn't keep my Clio long enough to find out. I suspect not though as it's never been mentioned on here before (the MOT failing part).

ClioSport 172 Cup
Argh really annoyed at this. I`ve even bent the wiper arm slightly in an attempt to force the wiper blade into the windscreen more. But the blade still insists on pushing itself away from the screen. Why the hell does it arch, it should just sit flat but remain flexible...

What make of blades are they? I got some cheap ones from tesco which did this, lasted about 3 months before I binned them for something else. Only thing I can suggest is to try swapping it with the passenger one.

Accord 2.4
Will be a cheap blade, put a set of cheap ones on my dads accord (26" wiper drivers side) and it done as you described. Bought another set and the problem has gone away

ClioSport 172 Cup
THEY ALL DO IT.
Live with it iirc, nothing major.

lol. The aero wiper is supposed to be a better blade than standard. Why would you live with it if its performing worse than a basic wiper?? Update: I have fitted two £1.97 wipers from Wilkinson and the problem is sorted! Should at least get me through MOT.