ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After 5k Revs - Big smoke from the tail pipes!

Evoque, A3 Cab, 182
Hello

I have just bought a 182. I really know nothing about cars, and am not mechanical at all.

This may be common - but it looked a bit wierd last night when I gave it some hammer for the first time.

When putting my foot down, and this only really kicks in after 5k revs and beyond - it seems like I get some pretty heafty smoke coming from the tail pipes.

Is this normal or a sign of something bad?

Doesnt happen below that rev range.

Thanks

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
If where you are is anything like where I am it was -5 last night and steam is expected.

What colour is the smoke, is it just in cold weather?

Evoque, A3 Cab, 182
Thanks for the swift replies.

Good thinking maybe just steam - just went out for a quick burn again then, temp pretty much 0 right now - the coloration seems to be white'ish - doesn't looking anything other than what steam might look like.

I don't know if it occurs in warmer temps, as I bought the car yesterday Im afraid.

I just thought it strange that it only occurs when really putting the rev's down - over 5k revs at least, and only smoking / steaming until I change up after hitting 7/8k revs.

Thank you,