ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After a new laptop any recommendations.

FF RB 182
My laptops about 6 years old now, it still works OK most of the time, but sometimes it will switch itself off get blue screen errors. The fans noisy as s**t, and flash videos lag like f**k. :(

So after something new. I only really use my laptop for browsing the web, watching 'videos', bit of website making/editing, downloading movies and music. But would want a decent spec that will last a while. I popped into the local currys earlier, most are running windows 8 had a little play and i don't really like it. The laptops were touch screen which is quite cool but bit of a gimmick.

Is there a way in Windows 8 to have the usual windows desktop? I could get to that, but everytime i hit the windows key/windows button in bottom left it would take me to the touch screen type panels for all the apps etc. Which is just s**t.

Back lit keyboard would be cool but had a browse but only really seen these on the higher end machines..

So to summarise...

• 500Gb+ HDD
  • Decent amount of RAM
  • 15"+ screen minimum HD or whatever they do now a days
  • webcam!
  • Back lit keyboard if possible?
  • £500 max(ish)

FF RB 182
Something like this would do you:
http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15r-se-7520/pd?oc=cn15s02&model_id=inspiron-15r-se-7520

1x4GB RAM stick so you can always add another later
i5 processor would be decent enough for your needs
You can spec a backlit keyboard too.

Or a cheaper version without backlit and lower spec:
http://www.dell.com/uk/p/inspiron-15-3521/pd?oc=cn35132&model_id=inspiron-15-3521

I can't seem to customise the laptop? Only add software then accessories to it.

Nissan 350z
Weird on that same page near the bottom it says:
"Keyboard: Standard full size, optional backlit keyboard"

FF RB 182
Yeah as in the optional I need to select it. Can't seem to do it, trying to look for the 'build your own system' as ive seen that a while back looking.

FF RB 182
Na only use it on my bed really doesn't go far looks like a nice bit of kit and wanted one since I was a kid.