ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After a new wax .. !

TRH_Racing

South East - Herts/London
ClioSport Area Rep
I've been using Meguiars paste wax for the past 5/6 months now and its pretty damn good .. but im after something else ..

But my question is the difference between hard wax and soft wax .. and what do some wax's offer that others dont?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Difference in hard and soft waxes is literally in there texture and how firm they are. I've used the meguiars ultimate paste wax and it's a pretty soft wax, but spreads very well and has always been easy to take off. Hard waxes are typically much firmer and won't load up your applicator in the same way. You almost need to work the pad into the wax to warm it up. For some they help put down a thinner layer. All comes down to personal preference.

Dependant on wax, you can see a difference in finish, outright durability, water behaviour, how well they keep a car clean I between washes etc

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I have

Dodo orange crush in a glass jar, rare aparantly
Britemax vantage
Art de shine
Waxstock obsession I think it's called.

All for sale of your interested

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ah, you commented in my for sale thread? I may stick that on eBay at the weekend.

225 Cup & Williams
Fusso wax.

Folk on detailing world say it's not a wax but it seems like it to me. It's awesome stuff for the money.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
50cal pentawax is a good choice as is britemax vantage in that price bracket at £35

They tick all the right boxes

RB Clio 182
I smashed a smackheads heads allover my my old car, after I cleaned it, all the head marks were shinier than the rest of the car. Weird.