ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After a wash beside my mates corsa

Golf R/Leon FR

nice clio dude dont like that corsa at all,

slam the clio on coilvers and gt it colour coded and it will look sweet!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

cheers for the comments guys. considering mine is coming up for 220,000 miles its looking and running good :)

16vClio, even though a think yours is one of the, if not the best looking MK2s about im starting to go off the anthracite idea. (plus dont want to copy you ;), atleast you can say you were first to do it)

Scooby STi, FiestaST

Quote: Originally posted by Martin_89 on 17 August 2005

cheers for the comments guys. considering mine is coming up for 220,000 miles its looking and running good :)

16vClio, even though a think yours is one of the, if not the best looking MK2s about im starting to go off the anthracite idea. (plus dont want to copy you ;), atleast you can say you were first to do it)

220,000 miles jesus christ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go for dampers and springs if not coilovers coz the springs are poop, unless you get eibachs....apparently.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/mattferret/IMG_3109.jpg

[Edited by the_ferret on 17 August 2005 at 10:27pm]

ST

Cheers matey ;)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by the_ferret on 17 August 2005

220,000 miles jesus christ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go for dampers and springs if not coilovers coz the springs are poop, unless you get eibachs....apparently.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/mattferret/IMG_3109.jpg

[Edited by the_ferret on 17 August 2005 at 10:27pm]
Yeah ex-driving school car so plenty miles, and some fit birds drove it too :D

how much is yours down, 60mm? ill price dampers and coil overs and see what i can afford, im still 16 for a couple of months so no rush really.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

its dropped 60mm.... (pmsl at triO).... its still settling, only been on a few days, no rubbing ..... yet.

on apex springs and dampers. £260 i think.

coilovers are going to set you back the best part of £500.

thanks 16vclio. yours is nice too,.... i was going to do the calipers but after taking wheel off and cleaning them up... i really lost the urge, looks like a pain in the arse to get all the bits done nicely.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by the_ferret on 17 August 2005

its dropped 60mm.... (pmsl at triO).... its still settling, only been on a few days, no rubbing ..... yet.

on apex springs and dampers. £260 i think.

coilovers are going to set you back the best part of £500.

thanks 16vclio. yours is nice too,.... i was going to do the calipers but after taking wheel off and cleaning them up... i really lost the urge, looks like a pain in the arse to get all the bits done nicely.
Cheers matey.

It aint that hard to be fair mate, jus some red hammerite (or your preffered colour), a cold garage floor some patience and a small paint brush, one thing i will say dont bother with that silly foilatec caliper paint as it wont last.

The Beast MK4

Ill second that about the foilatec crap, its pish in a tin and £20!!. Hammerite is excellent and at £3 for the tin size youll need you cant argue.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

naa it had steelys on it and then the alloys went on when i got it.

if you look sticking out my drive you can see the other clio driving school car with alloys, its 2 months old and only been curbed once, and that was a guy on his test.

the_ferret, springs and dampers sound good, ill check them out.

for the guys talking about painting calipers, i always thought you had to take them off? what do you do to clean them before you paint them?

The Beast MK4

Quote: Originally posted by Martin_89 on 18 August 2005

for the guys talking about painting calipers, i always thought you had to take them off? what do you do to clean them before you paint them?

Nah you can paint them as they are however you could probably make a better job if you took them off but its not essential. I cleaned mine with a wire brush and a spray can of brake cleaner.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

Quote: Originally posted by J_rt on 18 August 2005

i thought 220,000 miles was a typo
me too...

i got the caliper paint.. not the folitec (?) stuf, hammerite smooth.. its just that id want to get in all the fiddly places and cant be arsed to take the brakes apart.

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by corsapower on 18 August 2005

Wow, 2 standard cars.

Im glad i opened this thread....
we all have to start somewhere

[Edited by POW_Clio on 18 August 2005 at 3:15pm]

Martin are those newer style dynamique wheels on an older dynamique? Looking good, few suble mods and you can look as good as Als (16vClio) and ferrets which I think are 2 of the best looking phase 2s

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

POW_Clio, yeah its newer style wheels but my car isnt an older dynamique, its an expression (no fogs, spoiler or sports seats) but its got the same 1.2 16V engine.

the reason its got the dynamique wheels is because i wanted to stick to 15s and think aftermarket 15s look silly on the clio, only suit 16s and 17s.

corsapower, going by your username i thought you would see the corsa DOESNT have the standard wheeltrims? have a look at all the threads in this forum, you will likely find that 90% of them are STANDARD looking 172/182s so why does it make a difference with this one.

Octavia VRS

Yeh Martin Ive decided to stick 15" Dynamique wheels on my mk2 ph1 - just the first style tho. A few subtle styling changes on mine and Ill be happy.

Any other plans?

Octavia VRS

My username is ironic. I do NOT drive a corsa.

What is the point of posting pics of a standard clio?
maybe to ask peoples opinions on what he should do next? It is a discussion forum....

The Beast MK4

Its an owners club site you are currently on mate, everyone is fully entitled to post his/her Clio/Other be it standard or modified, 1.2 or 2.0.

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 18 August 2005

maybe to ask peoples opinions on what he should do next? It is a discussion forum....
He didnt though.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355

Why shouldnt he. Presumably its his first car, and having just put the effort in to clean it, wanted to share it with us. Wether its standard or not (which it isnt as hes changed the wheels) doesnt matter. Same goes for the Corsa, it might not be everyones dream motor, but it looks in good nick, and a good first car for anyone.

Personally Id rather see a couple of well cared for standard cars than some that have been ruined with dodgy bodykits and other cheap mods.

VW ....

corsapower .... if u dont like what someone has posted .... close the thread .... simple .

Please keep this on topic .

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 18 August 2005

Yeh Martin Ive decided to stick 15" Dynamique wheels on my mk2 ph1 - just the first style tho. A few subtle styling changes on mine and Ill be happy.

Any other plans?
Ive seen a couple of Ph1 MK2s with the first style dynamique wheels and it looks good. good choice. only mods planned are a dynamique spoiler, lowered and colour coded. might get a new back box for it but i dont want anything to loud.

Corsaboy, as Nik pointed out ive changed my wheels. This forum isnt just about posting pics of your modded clios, but also showing off how good it looks when clean, i thought the car looked good in that pic so i thought id share it.

if you think its a waste of time me posting this, dont waste your time replying. now back on topic...