ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket Crank Pulley

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I'm due belts soon and my pulley is really worn and has a fair amount of wobble. I'm looking at these replacements as they are far cheaper than the Renault items. Anyone tried one or another aftermarket brand?

Any input appreciated. Part number matches the OE pulley

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I used this one from Pure Motorspor when I had my belts done earlier in the year, as the Renault OEM was still unavailable at the time:-

seemed pretty good quality and has been absolutely fine since fitting back in March.

From the photos of the eBay listing, the actual item looks almost the same as the one I bought from Pure, but in a different box (I think mines came in a green box). Plus given they‘re both made in Spain, it’s likely they’re the same item, just in different packaging.

For £41 I would be tempted to just go for it, as it’s still £60 cheaper than Pure‘s OE alternative.

Last edited:

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Il take a punt for £40
I used this one from Pure Motorspor when I had my belts done earlier in the year, as the Renault OEM was still unavailable at the time:-

seemed pretty good quality and has been absolutely fine since fitting back in March.

From the photos of the eBay listing, the actual item looks almost the same as the one I bought from Pure, but in a different box (I think mines came in a green box). Plus given they‘re both made in Spain, it’s likely they’re the same item, just in different packaging.

For £41 I would be tempted to just go for it, as it’s still £60 cheaper than Pure‘s OE alternative.
Iv ordered one so will see how the quality is. Thanks for your input

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
Im going to hazard a guess that these are the same ones listed with PMS as the stampings the same
20211126_154526.jpg