ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket head unit help?

Clio 182 Cup
Hi everyone,

Just got my clio 182 cup, with a few extras such as full piper exhaust, matched inlets, remap, and cams and i must say i love it. Anyway hoping someone can help as i have decided to upgrade to a new Pioneer headunit (the one from Halfords) on offer for £49. I am very happy with it as i have also upgraded the 4 door speakers however the head unit doesnt fit snug in the head unit slot. It is fitted well in that it doesnt look stupid however i want it more flush to the rest of the centre console is there any suggestions? I have asked for extra facias for the head unit to clip into place but non available, the car is immaculate for 04 reg inside and out and dont really want to have to resort to superglue but im thinking its the only way to get the fit i want. I know its not going to be as flush as standard HU but anyone come across this? if so what have you sed to hold in place?

Apologies for the essay

Chris

renault clio 1.4 16v
i have a sony head unit that does the same sticks out just a tad to much and i havnt found a way to sort it out as yet but i would like to find a fix also

Problem I have with mine is that it doesn't allow it to sit flush, the wiring for the buttons above the headunit, get in the way. So when I push the headunit back, it pushes the wiring back and disconnects the plugs. Might be the same for you.

Not sure if there's a way around this without extending the wiring, so I've left mine as is.

LY FF182
It'll be the wires behind the headunit (lots of them!!!) they bunch up if you just try pushing the unit in. Remove the dash top, 3 screws where the screen vents are. a few behind the dash trim panels and 2 under the steering wheel cowling. Then you can see down and move all the wires as you push the unit in and it should sit much better!

Just keep fiddling with it until you get it! I had the same problem with mine when i fitted an aftermarket head unit. Took me a while to get it to sit right.

Clio 182 Cup
Cheers for the response. What i did do i cable tie the wires together ( except the ariel one ) and then push them down to the left, just next to the side of the glovebox and then had a bit of a fiddle round and it sits much better now just the wires were a total pain in the arse lol.

Thanks