ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket Steering Wheel help required

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
Any help would be appreciated. I’m running Clio 182 Cup.
The mechanic who fitted my new aftermarket steering wheel discovered the car had 2 connectors for the air bag but could only fit one to new wheel therefore the airbag light comes on the dash.
Secondly there’s a fault with the steering angle sensor and traction control light.
Has anyone any idea how to rectify these faults or get around them?

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
What sort of wheel did you have fitted? Sounds like they made a right balls of it.
[/QUOTE]
OMP TRECENTO UNO from YB Racing on EBay.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
So as it has no airbag there's nothing to connect either airbag wire to, and yes the airbag light will be on. Two options, either find someone with an RS Tuner unit or Renault Clip software who will be able to disable the airbag in your ecu which will turn off the warning light or buy a couple of 3.3 resistors and plug them into the airbag plugs. Resistors are a bit hit n miss.
The steering angle sensor can be reset but I don't know how, do a search on here as I'm sure it's been discussed before.

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
So as it has no airbag there's nothing to connect either airbag wire to, and yes the airbag light will be on. Two options, either find someone with an RS Tuner unit or Renault Clip software who will be able to disable the airbag in your ecu which will turn off the warning light or buy a couple of 3.3 resistors and plug them into the airbag plugs. Resistors are a bit hit n miss.
The steering angle sensor can be reset but I don't know how, do a search on here as I'm sure it's been discussed before.
Appreciate your advice.👍