ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket turinis

RB 182 cup,astra sri
hey

i have been told that the aftermarket turini wheels you can purchase are different from the originals on the car (172 cup).

Apparently the offset originally was +35 and the aftermarkets are +38.

What effect would this have on my car if i were to buy new aftermarket ones? Would any modifications be required to fit them on etc??

Cheers

CP

C

Cupster

I personally think they look different too. They seem more flat faced when they are after market IMO.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
and u cant put the Renault badges in the centre caps. As they are a different bore size.

Liquid R27 067/500
Has said:
and u cant put the Renault badges in the centre caps. As they are a different bore size.

You can if you wrap a piece of double sided adhesive foam around them ;)

Offset for aftermarkets are ET40, think the trophy uses ET42

Liquid R27 067/500
craigp172cup said:
hey

i have been told that the aftermarket turini wheels you can purchase are different from the originals on the car (172 cup).

What effect would this have on my car if i were to buy new aftermarket ones? Would any modifications be required to fit them on etc??

Cheers

CP

Hi Craig,

I bought a set of Antracite ones from Speedline Direct which , like i said, are ET40 which the guy told me would be ideal for my car (182/Cup packs)

They look just the same as the ones renault supply as standard on the 172 Cup and Trophy ( probably beacuse they are the same wheels! Can't see why they would look different??!) and, like i said, the only thing you have to do to get the centres to fit is stick a strip of double sided adhesive foam, you know the sort you use for number plates etc etc, around the little clip in lugs on the caps and they wont budge.

Also lowered the car on Eibach Sportlines recently and still have no problems whatsoever with rubbin, catching wheel arches or such like.

Hope this help, ( if youd like a pic of the wheels just PM me)

Jobo

Megane225FF
craigp172cup said:
hey

Cheers

CP

The aftermarket turini's will fit with no problems..