ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can anyone recommend an aftermarket catalyst for a 172 that will reliably pass emissions tests?

cupguy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
You've heard this story before and there's some threads with folk recommending 200 cell cats from eBay. Could be my only option. 172 Cup.

Got one fitted last year, car barely scraped through on the day it was fitted. Not sure where the garage sourced it. I paid about 450 all in including a custom fitted bracket so I could swap back to the depipe easy enough.

Car needs a new cat for MOT due later in the year. Is my best bet still a 200 cell cat from eBay, pop the depipe back on and then the cat on the day of the test? Run it warm for 30 mins then present for test?

It's a hassle but if that's the only option...

If anyone who's purchased an aftermarket 172 cat can recommend and link where they got it from please.

Cheers

Last edited:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
If you're only going to have it fitted for the mot get a 400 cell cat and you should be good. If it's a custom fit job anyway your local exhaust place should be able to sort you out.