ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AG Shampoo!

172 cup
Is this any good? as I never see any detailing post, if not what would be a good alternative for the same money??

Breaking A 172 Replica
Some people use megs gold class.

I have used both and rate the AG above the megs.

I also like to use all one manufacturers products and as AG SRP and AG ERP seem to be the best I use their shampoo.

Sam

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
i mainly use cg wash and wax and also have megs gold class cg maxi suds megs hypershampoo

ex-Fiat Coupe 20VT
The Auto-Glym is good gear, but don't use too much. 2 capfuls to a bucket seems to be about right for me. More than that and you end up with streaks before you get to hose it down. The SRP is far better than the Meguiars 3 step system IMHO. Meguiars needs far more elbow grease and twice as long to achieve a result almost no better. Their clay is good gear though. :)

106 GTi
AG Cleans well, just very little suds, Rinses easily and gives a good finish.

Off on the tangent thrown above AG SRP and EGP is much better than the Megs Gold Glass Wax or there 3 stage system.

Shampoo's wise I much prefer,

CG Wash'n'Wax
Sonax Gloss Shampoo
Duragloss Wash
or Swissvax Car Bath.

If you want some good value ones in Bulk at good value for money

Meguiars Shampoo Plus
Meguiars Hyper Wash

Which are both 15-18 Quid for a US Gallon (About 3 litres)

Rather than start another thread, I use Turtlewax shampoo to wash my car, as it's easy to get hold of.

What's better about the others above?

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Yep, I dislike AG shampoo as it doesn't foam much.

I bought a massive Megs shampoo from cleanandshiney.co.uk and it's lasted me around a year, and I wash my car a lot.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
AG Shampoo isn't very good for a dirty car as you have hardly any surbs, so more chance of scratching the paint.

Considering it's not exactly cheap you can get a much better shampoo for your money.

106 GTi
Suds don't make a difference. The AG shampoo has lots of lubrcation and and makes a slick wash liquid which is more important than suds which have no bearing on it's cleaning power.