ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Agree, mad man?

Meg R26, Nissan 200sx S13
I'd tell him to go for it, my mate had one and it was a right hoot! was reliable as hell and good on Fuel :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Both pants imo. At 20's no sure why you'd want that gansta merc. And the Starbo is in my top 10 hated cars.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'd tell him to go for it, my mate had one and it was a right hoot! was reliable as hell and good on Fuel :)

I've had one. They are good on fuel but they do break..lol

I just think, 90's tin foil mobil or well build 2.5td merc...hmmm

Maybe i'm just getting old! lol

Charged Superleggera
i would sell the merc and would spend a wee bit more and get the newer shape starlet.

Charged Superleggera
my mate has a tuned galanza and they are really fast and fun to drive so if he wants a starlet for sure i would stick with the newer shape one

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
my mate has a tuned galanza and they are really fast and fun to drive so if he wants a starlet for sure i would stick with the newer shape one

like this..;)

toms063.jpg

The older ones are quicker being lighter and what he's looking at. Well its looking like he's doing it anyway. I got to be getting old..lol

ValverInBits
Glanzas are not cheap motoring for what they are. The cars are still about £3.5 4k to buy. but they are certinally fast and fun and relatively cheap to tune. I have a mate with a glanza and it's absolutely on rails. There are loads of little parts available for the suspension to tweak it just right. He has top mounts, tein coilovers, rear ARB, anti lift kit (think thats it) and it just grips and grips.
Not to mention they come with an LSD, it's like a mini DC5.

All that said they are a fugly car.
I'd go for it

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Glanzas are not cheap motoring for what they are. The cars are still about £3.5 4k to buy. but they are certinally fast and fun and relatively cheap to tune. I have a mate with a glanza and it's absolutely on rails. There are loads of little parts available for the suspension to tweak it just right. He has top mounts, tein coilovers, rear ARB, anti lift kit (think thats it) and it just grips and grips.
Not to mention they come with an LSD, it's like a mini DC5.

All that said they are a fugly car.
I'd go for it

You cant say that..:eek: They've got a solid rear axle so theyre not aloud to handle according to most people..lol

Mine had all the mentioned above. ALK, ARB's, 1k Tein Coilovers, Strut braces. Handled like a dream but its still not cheap motoring as you say..I rebuilt my Turbo twice..lol

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i'd rather walk than drive that merc tbh.. starlets are great lttle cars

Turbos.
The Starlets are so chavvy its untrue, i couldn't actually be seen driving one of them.... you just look like a little 17 year old cnut. Seriously, imagine driving to work in a suit in one LOL.

Tom, sorry mate, but I have to say - your mate has awful taste in cars.

I think that starlet looks very dated, I don't see the attraction with it. I liked your one as it looked nice, the old ones look awful imo.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I fully agree the merc is rank. But he's going from rank to ranker..lol! I told him to get an ibiza Cupra 20vt..