ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first Mercedes is an estate with 300bhp

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
The standard Command unit was fine, but it was very out dated. The Bluetooth wasn’t compatible with modern phones, and there was no aux in!

When I had my E39, the previous owner had fitted an android unit. I’ve always been skeptical of these cheap (although, not THAT cheap) Chinese units compared to something from a more trusted brand. However, they are more “OEM” looking. Also, having used it I was properly impressed with its responsiveness and features.

Fastforward to this E Class, and it looks like there’s a tonne of options from AliExpress which maintain the OEM look whilst giving you up to date features. And for whatever reason they’re much cheaper than most other brands.

Anyway, for £180 delivered I got this (plus a long adapter harness that needs to go to the boot)

View attachment 1622685

It looks almost exactly like the factory unit. However it has:

4G and GPS
Wireless Apple CarPlay
Can play most video files
Working Bluetooth

And of course being Android, you can pretty much download whatever app you desire for it. It also came with a backup camera, which is ideal as this car is 9 miles long and I haven’t got round to fixing the parking sensors. Having said that I haven’t got round to fitting this camera, either.

I’ll be doing an install video on my YouTube. But all in all I’m very impressed with it all!
God that looks good! Properly OEM

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
Nice job! I want to do this myself and had previously decided it wasn’t worth the bother (I bought Daniel’s e320).

ps does your tailgate leak?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Nice job! I want to do this myself and had previously decided it wasn’t worth the bother (I bought Daniel’s e320).

ps does your tailgate leak?
Yeah it’s a nice upgrade.

I’ve heard that’s an issue, mine doesn’t. I did have to strip all the trim off the tailgate to fit the camera, it’s not that bad.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I have the correct 55 back boxes if you’re interested? Decent condition AMG tips etc