ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Agreed Valuation

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Does anyone know of any good insurance company that offer full agreed valuation on cars ? (Specifically Clio 182 Trophy's)

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Greenlight.

As @Nik says hence the question

Bit of a downside to this as I'm better off stripping my Trophy and putting all they parts on a LY 182 and getting an agreed value on that.

"The underwriters we use are not offering new agreed value policies on Clio Trophy models at the moment, they will continue with any existing agreed value policy but wont increase it. Historically agreed value has only been available to highly modified classic type cars but we persuaded them to offer it to clio trophy owners on the basis that they are a sought after model. They agreed to offer it but after numerous customers arguing that the vehicle is worth way more than was realistic (some asking for £15000 on an average mileage lightly modded trophy) the underwriters have decided to no longer offer it to new policies.

I personally understand that the trophy models fetch a premium over the other models but with numerous applications for agreed value for what seemed like completely unrealistic values, followed by clients not happy when the underwriters were unable to offer their requested value it was decided to stop at present. Bear in mind the underwriters offered the service for free (when competitors charge on average £40 extra for agreed value) it just wasnt viable to continue .

This only applies to the trophy model. We are still able to offer agreed value policies on other highly modified Renaultsport models.

Kind Regards
Neil"

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Essentially the underwriters are fed up with people wanting silly valuations for their Trophy or moaning that they don't value their car high enough, so have decided it's not viable to offer now.

Which is fair enough. People askkng for £15k valuation is mental! You can't just pick numbers out the sky and insure it for that. At a certain point it makes sense to the owner for the car to get written off.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Which is fair enough. People askkng for £15k valuation is mental! You can't just pick numbers out the sky and insure it for that. At a certain point it makes sense to the owner for the car to get written off.

Hit the nail on the head mate, plus people were being argumentative when we had to politely explain the underwriters wouldn't agree the value they requested.
I've asked the underwriters if they would put a maximum ceiling on the applications so if someone wanted above £6500 agreed then it's just not available. That way we could still offer at least some people agreed value and then it would save the people asking for crazy high values from applying.
It's not that the insurer are afraid of doing the agreed value (we have some very expensive agreed value cars with us) it's just they don't want to value any vehicle way more than What it's realistically worth.

I understand it's always hard to put a money figure on your pride and joy. I know my car is worth more to me than anyone would pay on the open market.

I'll update our main thread if anything changes.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Seems fair to me. Seeing as how mine is just a bog spec 182 cup though I'd like to agree a. value of 20k. Oh, and also I need to protect my ncb for no particular reason.

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
That's pretty interesting. On my documents with Greenlight my Cup is down as being valued at £7k. Only took the policy out a few months ago but whether or not that's agreed i'm not sure. It's not a figure I plucked out of the sky though, that's what I feel it would cost me to get another in the same condition, mods etc.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
That's pretty interesting. On my documents with Greenlight my Cup is down as being valued at £7k. Only took the policy out a few months ago but whether or not that's agreed i'm not sure. It's not a figure I plucked out of the sky though, that's what I feel it would cost me to get another in the same condition, mods etc.
What the heck have you got mod wise? A Ferrari v10 under th bonnet!?

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like I crashed my Trophy at the right time... [emoji30]

The agreed value certainly helped though!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
11k was up for sale for iirc

It was up for sale for silly and it was to prove a point that they are no where near worth that.
If I was to sell my trophy in a realistic situation and it had to go I would ask no more than £7k if that and that's with the 5 spare sets of Sachs dampers and every spare part I have got for the car.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
It was up for sale for silly and it was to prove a point that they are no where near worth that.
If I was to sell my trophy in a realistic situation and it had to go I would ask no more than £7k if that and that's with the 5 spare sets of Sachs dampers and every spare part I have got for the car.
Impossible to value as it has to be worth more than LY and they come in a silly money.

RMDavis

ClioSport Club Member

5 sets!? 😂

Is that really necessary?

Ford Mustang 5.0
You have to specifically request agreed value and its not available on all policy types. You would have needed to provide photgraphs of the car and have agreed value endorsement specifically noted on your policy documents.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Chris knott do agreed
But need photos of car and a club valuation if the club does it,is beneficial