ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Agreed Value Insurance

172 CUP / MG4 XPOWER
I'm just looking around for some quotes and it seems they all require me to take a policy out before they will agree a value which seems completely illogical as I wont be fully insured (value wise) in the interim period and if I'm not happy with the value they put on the car I will have to cancel and pay their cancelation charges etc.... I'm currently with Hagerty who agree a value before you take out the policy but it would be nice to have some other quotes as its quite expensive.

Any suggestions?

172 CUP / MG4 XPOWER
Silly me should have looked under the Interior, Ice, Security, Lighting & Electrical section ;) I even searched Agreed Value Insurance and noticed most were posted in General Chat

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yes, posting in the insurance section would be my first suggestion. 👍
200.gif

Ben02

ClioSport Club Member
I'm just looking around for some quotes and it seems they all require me to take a policy out before they will agree a value which seems completely illogical as I wont be fully insured (value wise) in the interim period and if I'm not happy with the value they put on the car I will have to cancel and pay their cancelation charges etc.... I'm currently with Hagerty who agree a value before you take out the policy but it would be nice to have some other quotes as its quite expensive.

Any suggestions?
Brentacre allowed me to set the value I wanted. For myself, it was approved on the day I made the inquiry. I also know someone who uses Classicline and they are also able to set the value they think their car is worth.

Using Brentacre was £100 more for the year than the cheapest quote from one of the comparison sites.

172 CUP / MG4 XPOWER
Thanks I will give Brentacre a try. Classicline wanted me to take out the policy before they would agree the value.

Kenich.

ClioSport Club Member
  172 PH1
I'm also using Brentacre. They needed the spec list, full details and recent 10x photos. Agreed valuation valid for 2 years also, so saves hassle on renewal. Apart from my BMW, they have done a few of my cars over the years and have been good with all the policies.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Silly me should have looked under the Interior, Ice, Security, Lighting & Electrical section ;) I even searched Agreed Value Insurance and noticed most were posted in General Chat

You should, yes. Jokes aside, I’ll try to get that changed so it’s more visible.

In answer to your question, Brentacre were best for me when I had my highly modded clio.

Clio V6
Classicline charge £20 for an agreed valuation. You propose the value. I have not had them disagree with a valuation so far

Classicline charge £20 for an agreed valuation. You propose the value. I have not had them disagree with a valuation so far
Same here. My 182 was insured with ERS via Classicline with agreed value for £12k (until last year when I moved to a postcode they refused to cover).

172 CUP / MG4 XPOWER
Thanks for the help ended up renewing with Hagerty as they were the cheapest quote in the end, obviously not as expensive as I thought but considering the car is basically wrapped in cotton wool, never taken out in the winter and I only did 500 miles last year it doesn’t seem cheap!