ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Bag Fault Codes, photos included

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Air bag light is on, does sometimes go off but more often than not comes on, got MOT in a few weeks so need to sort it out.

I also have the SERV light on but that I think is down to the rain sensor being unattached - new windscreen fitted but wrong type!

I turned off the SERV light but it does come back on annoyingly (n)

Any ideas?

IMG_20190403_201752.jpgIMG_20190403_201752.jpgIMG_20190403_201819.jpgIMG_20190403_201837.jpgIMG_20190403_201857.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190403_201658.jpg
    IMG_20190403_201658.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 88

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
The airbag switch that you can turn off on the passenger door, is it off? It's something to do with that.

The serv light will be for the light/rain sensor as you said.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
The airbag switch that you can turn off on the passenger door, is it off? It's something to do with that.

The serv light will be for the light/rain sensor as you said.

It was on then I turned it off via key and the Airbag light on the dash went off to be replaced with the Airbag switched off light instead!

SERV light is still on even after erasing the fault code, thought that would have stayed off.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Light will only stay off if it's been fixed otherwise it'll keep seeing a fault every time.

I can have a look at the airbag faults with rstuner if you're anywhere near Warrington.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Light will only stay off if it's been fixed otherwise it'll keep seeing a fault every time.

I can have a look at the airbag faults with rstuner if you're anywhere near Warrington.

Does that mean a new proper windscreen fitted with the sensor connected back up? Regards the airbag faults is it worth messing with the wires under the seats ie clean/solder the connector block? I have not messed with them as yet and read it's a common fault.

I am in Manchester so I may take you up or that offer Pal once I've exhausted my options first!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Does that mean a new proper windscreen fitted with the sensor connected back up? Regards the airbag faults is it worth messing with the wires under the seats ie clean/solder the connector block? I have not messed with them as yet and read it's a common fault.

I am in Manchester so I may take you up or that offer Pal once I've exhausted my options first!

Yeah new screen or you could get it reconfigured so that it doesn't have auto lights anymore.

Turn the passenger door switch back on and clear the codes and rescan. That should tell you what it is and what to look for then.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Yeah new screen or you could get it reconfigured so that it doesn't have auto lights anymore.

Turn the passenger door switch back on and clear the codes and rescan. That should tell you what it is and what to look for then.

Cheers JamesBryan, I'll give that a go tomorrow and report back!

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Update.

I managed to turn on the passenger airbag, clear the faults then re-scanned as suggested and all I have on the dash light wise now is the serv which is the rain sensor so fingers crossed it's ok touch wood.

Strange beasts these 182 electrics!

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Oh forgot to mention not entirely fault free, scan comes up with DF176 Airbag missing multiplexed info and as mentioned DF106 Rain Sensor.

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Oh dear, didn't want to be posting on here again :(

Light is back on this morning and it seems to be after the seat has been moved forward - I had it quite far back yesterday.

I am debating to either solder the wires or use resistors now, what a pain.