ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air-bag light

Clio MK2 172
comin into work this morning and my serv light came on with the orange airbag warning light.! does anyone know the issue with this and what I need to do to fix it apart from taking it to a rip-off Renault garage?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Try giving the cables under the passenger seat a wiggle, common fault.

Clio MK2 172
KDF said:
Try giving the cables under the passenger seat a wiggle, common fault.
Ok I like your style! as long as it doesn't cost any £ ;) I'll have a wiggle after work

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
If it is the cables eg. if after a bit of wiggling the airbag light goes out/back on etc then you can take it to renault to get fixed.

Their fix however seems to be to chop the cables around the connector and to solder them back together again.. great fix eh !

Golf GTI 1.8T
most deffinately the connectors under the seats as KDF has said.

to be safe you should disconnect the battery and leave it for about 15mins for the airbag system to discharge. unplug all the connectors, give them a good blow clean and push them back in tighly, should be all sorted :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
Audio installers took my front passenger seat out to run a cable to the "brain" for my screen.
Since then, the SERV light and the airbag light have been comming on/off on their own

I noticed that giving the connector under the seat a "wiggle" makes the lights go out, but;

The greasy monkeys broke the clip that holds the connector to the bottom of the seat, hence having the 2 lights comming back on :(

Any suggestions?

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
had my passenger one fixed with a new connected (its black instead of the cheap looking one). now, the drivers side switch is playing up. (the one still with the cheap looking one.)

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
On the facelift cars it is ONLY the passenger side connector that is affected.. So again cut and solder the Blue and brown wires.

^^ not true, mine is a mk2 ph2 2002 model and the drivers side is the one acting up.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Can I also add that if you are involved in an accident and your airbag light is on then they still work. :) Both of them. I know this from experience. Hehe.

DarthCake said:
Can I also add that if you are involved in an accident and your airbag light is on then they still work. :) Both of them. I know this from experience. Hehe.
Same goes for side airbags.