ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Con issues

Right guys I have searched and read through countless threads and have decided that once I have the money together I am going to get the air con deleted using the PMS kit when I get the belts done...

Following on from issues I am having with replacing my clutch and release bearing (plus all fluids) I have caused myself a couple of problems.... Most are being fixed tonight but this one I have to consult the wealth of knowledge on here for

Now the issue is that I have sheared a bolt that holds a pipe onto the air con radiator so it won't seal properly and has every chance of popping off at will

So to save myself some time and potentially money until I can get the kit what would be the potential issues with leaving the air con system out of the car altogether apart from the pump and anything linked to the belts

(So to clarify- pipes and radiator to be removed and pump left in place until I can get PMS delete kit and belts done)

Potential risks/issues/faults?

Now this is not me just trying to be pikey etc I literally just don't have a penny to my name until payday for a replacement air con radiator or delete kit this second after other issues I have had this month and as most of you know this is a daily I need running before the end of this weekend to get to work Monday...

If it's a stupid idea let me know because I may be missing something but as far as I can see the fact the radiator won't be sealing will cause the same (if any) issues as just not having the radiator there.

phase 1 flamer 172
I removed everything except the underdash stuff and the pump/compressor? on my 1st 172, meant to fit the cup setup but never got around to it. Must have run it for a few months like this, no issues.