ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Conditioning

could anybody tell me if air con can be fitted to a 6month old clio and if so any idea on costs?

all feedback much appreciated

it would probably cheaper to buy a new car , seriously !!, you can buy all the parts second hand and fit them but this is a major job

^^^^ as above major hassle and thats assuming things like the wiring harness is the same, to give you an idea when we used to do it at bmw on 3 series the parts were 2k and t took about a day and a half for a tech to fit, dash and heater box out engine off of its mounts loads of hassle will be cheaper and easier to change the car tbh

GR7

Shiny red R32

Jay 172 will know as he is a Renault mechanic. Maybe he will be here later.

Its too expensive to consider unless you have a write off car from which you can use the bits

£500 for the pump alone

Condensors £150

Housing £200

£212 for the panel in the car which chnanges the temp (assuming you want a regulating one)

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

cost you a fortune. for basic aircon you would need:-

aircon pump and brackets

drive belt and tensioners

all under bonnet pipework

reciever dryer

condensor

new injection ecu if it wont reconfigure for aircon

heater control panel

aircon airbox inc evaporator

new wiring looms or modify if possible

variuos sensors

if you wanted regulated aircon you would also need:-

a new main heater box inc all flap motors

definatly new looms-modifying would be to complicated

regulated aircon panel/computer (getting on for a grand just for this)

even more sensors

as you can see its more complicated than you think. paying extra for factory fitted when buying the car is always easier/cheaper.

I dont understand why people dont always have air con on a new car.... if youre spending £8k+ on a car, you might as well pay the extra £500 for aircon!

I was quoted £1500 on my Y reg fiesta to have it fitted... naaasty

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Nah, you lot got it all wrong its just couple pipes you need, I looked under the bonnet and thats all I could see that was different :p ;)