ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Induction kit

Clio mk2
i have a 1.4 16v clio, i want to get the k&n 57i generation 2 air induction kit, it fits on the 1.6 upto 2.0 does any1 know if theres still a way i could fit it to mine please, if i cant fit it im going to get the 57i kit instaed unles any1 knows anythin better

Listerine & Poledo
Welcome aboard. In fairness, you'd do just as well to just use a basic panel filter in the OEM airbox.

there'll be no positive gains in engine tone or power by adding a non-standard induction system

Listerine & Poledo
noise will be better

Even this is debateable.

Getting more power out of Clios other than the DCi's is a bottomless money-pit of scant returns.

Just keep your money to put towards tax, insurance, maintenence & servicing etc.

MOT > Modz

Last edited:
  172 Cup
I would just go for a panel filter in the OE air box dude, an ITG, Pipercross or KN will be great. Then spend the money you saved on something else for the car ;)

182 cup
Get an induction kit, the 1.4 doesn't make much power so even if you loose a few it won't make any difference at all!

Replacement panel filters are a waste of time. You need to go through at least 4 services before they make any sense, and even that's not factoring in cost of retention spray. Just stick a new standard filter in if yours is dirty, or if you want the sous then fit an open cone and f**k what everyone else thinks.

Clio mk2
thanks for the input lads, my cars already been modified, i had 1.6 cams put in an a sports exaust which has increased the power, i will be gettin my ecu tuned but the guy just advised me b4 i get it done, to get a better air intake? thats the only reason why i wanted to get it.. but jus wanted to kno if any1 out there has fitted one an can notice the difference in power, ive already got enought noise from that exaust haha dont really want it any louder, sounds good already now

2007 clio dynamique
Sorry to hijack this thread but can i just ask what difference the 1.6 cams made and what kind of price ? Also ive got an induction kit on mine i found it ok but the noise is starting to annoy me lol so im thinking of taking it off also in the warm weather the car felt very sluggish

Clio mk2
im not to sure mate, i kno the car started at 98bhp when i get the ecu tuned an it goes on the dyno ill kno then, and yeh ur right, ive jus gone onto a website to reasearch about induction kits an basically for a small powered car like mine they say its not worth it as there is already alot of heat thats generated so could loose out on power, they just advised to replace the panel filter instead which is only cheap to do so, even if i dont see the slight increase in power at least i kno i got a good filter on my car

Clio mk2
well my car was knackered to start with, my head gasket had gone, oil was leakin, bearings needed changing and cam belt, my engine wouldnt even start so i couldnt even jus sell it lol all that was gonna cost 550 including labour from a relative so that was a good price BUT its not like i wanted to spend that amount in the first place as i only brought it for £1300, but luckly i had 600 saved, i spoke to him an said look if im payin this amount of money can u replace sumfin thats gonna make it faster for me, so he replaced the cams an exaust, the cams were 200 includin the labour, an i think cams are pretty expensive, but most people have all said u need the sports exaust to feel the full power... theres defo an increase, but uno, for all i kno it could jus be that fat exaust of mine lol! i havent got a clue when it comes to tuning, its my first car ive started to modifiy, u would need to ask other guys on here who really kno wot each component does, im still learning. sometiumes we make mistakes, waste money wot we didnt need to but we learn from it, uno wot i mean

Clio172 / Focus Ti X
Should have just put an F4R in it. Might have cost a little more but would have been worth it.

As for the air filter. Standard one or a performance panel filter then drill the sh*t out the airbox so it looks like a block of cheese from tom n jerry lol

Listerine & Poledo
Should have just put an F4R in it. Might have cost a little more but would have been worth it.

Cheaper just to buy a 172, in fairness.

Then at least it's got the brakes, suspension, interior, bodywork & VIN number to go with the engine too.