ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag light on... error says: trigger line coherency error!

Ph1 ITB'd 172
As the title says I have the airbag light on, a friend pluged in his diagnostics for me and it came up with trigger line coherency error.

Does anyone have any ideas what this is related to?

Any help apprechiated.

Cheers

Pete

172ph2
Mine has had the same, loose cable under the drivers seat, give them a wiggle and push them into their connectors. I'd do it after the ignition has been off for a while... just in case ;)

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Mine has had the same, loose cable under the drivers seat, give them a wiggle and push them into their connectors. I'd do it after the ignition has been off for a while... just in case ;)

Oh sorry forgot to mention the car had been in an accident and had a new module and two pretensioners, I've repaired a few clios before and normally after blown things are replaced the light goes out.

Can you just confirm you had that error come up and it was the cables under the drivers seat? or did just the light come on and you found that to be the issue?

Ph1 ITB'd 172
ah in that case I'm not sure then, mine just had the light come on, didn't bother plugging the reader in.

Ah ok... cheers thanks for help anyway. What usually goes wrong with the seat connectors? I've heard of re-soldering and stuff before?

Jap Box
Ah ok... cheers thanks for help anyway. What usually goes wrong with the seat connectors? I've heard of re-soldering and stuff before?

The wires rub I think and over time wear down when the seats are moved back and forth because renault most likely make them from tissue paper or something of the likes in order to save some £££.

Just wiggle them about and it should sort it :)

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
have you programmed the module to the car saying which airbags it auctally got, if it was the wiring under the seats it would say driver or passenger pretensioner circuit

Golf GTD Mk7
The wires rub I think and over time wear down when the seats are moved back and forth because renault most likely make them from tissue paper or something of the likes in order to save some £££.

Just wiggle them about and it should sort it :)

Wiring is made cheaply in Hungary I believe. It's usually the connector wires loosening