ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag light still on

Yozza'd Titanium 182
After i set my airbag off iv obviously needed to get it resest Iv been advise in the direction of this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AIRBAG-MODULE...14&_trkparms=72:1689|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1308

tbh it doesnt seem very trustworthy considering all his sales were "private" is this a cheap way of doing it or should i be looking for alternatives? also im led to belive that the part/parts i need to remove from the car is located under the gear stick?

any advice welcome!

BMW M135i
Thats your option other than taking it to renault and paying £300+. Ring them first if your not sure about it, theres a number on the listing.

If any airbag goes off then the computer needs replacing, its located near the gearstick. Id be a bt sceptical about using the guy off ebay, he might get the light to go out but will the airbag circuits work after?? Not really worth the risk IMO.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
im selling the car within 2-3 weeks....

im not paying 300 quid at renault it save more money but telling the new owner the problem.

BMW M135i
If any airbag goes off then the computer needs replacing, its located near the gearstick. Id be a bt sceptical about using the guy off ebay, he might get the light to go out but will the airbag circuits work after?? Not really worth the risk IMO.
Its does not need replacing, the renault airbag manual even states that it only needs to be replaced after 4 detonations. It just seems to be the norm to replace it.

It does need replacing, ive seen it for my own eyes! Clio's with side airbag deployed brings up the fault 'computer' as a permanent fault, It cant be erased on clip.

alien green rs133
just go to any decent auto diognositic place

i can take errors off ecu's with a texa

surely other garages can do it

Yozza'd Titanium 182
i dont wanna pay 300 pound or anywere near that, what type of garages can i take it too, im a little bit of a newb at this!

whast the best thing to do?? what would you do?

If i were you id take it to a Auto elctrician, will be a fraction of Renaults labour charge. It needs to go on the diag computer to see whats wrong. Obviously the airbag that went off will need replacing, and if the fault 'computer' comes up as a permanant fault it will need replacing.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
If i were you id take it to a Auto elctrician, will be a fraction of Renaults labour charge. It needs to go on the diag computer to see whats wrong. Obviously the airbag that went off will need replacing, and if the fault 'computer' comes up as a permanant fault it will need replacing.

i have put a whole new chair in and wired it back up.

so weres best to look for an auto electritian ?

i live in warrington should i try the internet or is there any spesific to watch out for?