ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Light

I have a 172 Mk on a 52 plate, and the service light and airbag light keep comming on when driving any ideas what causes this?

Wes

First thing to check is airbag wiring under ya seat... It normally falls down off clips and this sometimes breaks connection... Just have a play about with it and put back on clips to reduce movement

2012 WRX Waggon

i had the same problem - mine was a wire in the passenger door (goes to the override switch) that had become trapped.

Hold down the trip computer button whilst turning on the ignition & starting the car. The dash will go crazy & youll get a chiming as the dials sweep round their arcs. Turn off the ignition & retry. The noise/crazieness stops & all dials etc reset- including your airbag light.

I had this same problem on my 1.2 16V Dynamique. I took it into the dealership and they told me it was just a loose conneciton under the passenger seat. I caught the wire myself when I was messing around in the car and the light came on again. I just gave it a wiggle and it went off again. That was over 12 months ago and I havent seen it again since!

Quote: Originally posted by hardsoulwax on 29 April 2004

I had this same problem on my 1.2 16V Dynamique. I took it into the dealership and they told me it was just a loose conneciton under the passenger seat. I caught the wire myself when I was messing around in the car and the light came on again. I just gave it a wiggle and it went off again. That was over 12 months ago and I havent seen it again since!
ginxed now you will go out to ya car in the morning and ya air bag will have gone off LOL

theres actually a modification to the pretensioner wiring blocks were u remove them and solder the wiring together and insulate them its a fault with the blocks