ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Warning Light

Occasionally when I get in my 172 mk1 the airbag warning light comes on. Is this intermittent fault common & is there a fix for it?

Darren

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

My missuss 1.2 16v had the same thing...loose connection on the seatbelt thingy I think. They soldered it first but it still came on. For some reason the last time it went in for the same thing they replaced the injection computer??

Hasnt happened again since *touches some wood*

Yes this is a problem with most clios. The usual cause are the seatbelt pretensioner wiring looms under the drivers and passengers seat. They become loose with the weight of the passengers sitting on them or with the seat being moved backwards and forwards to let passengers in the rear. (they just need resoldering) This causes a break in the circuit - causing your airbag warning light to flash on and off intermittently. Renault had a technical note out due to this problem. So get it to a dealer and see if your car is covered to have the work done. if not it will cost you about £30 - £50.00 ish. If it isnt this, then they will hook the car up to a diagnostic computer (xr25 older cars or a clip for newer ones) and they will be able to diagnose the problem immediately.

2004 Clio 1.2 16v

its the sensor under the passenger seat to sense if there is someone sitting in the seat the airbag will only inflate if there is someone in the seat...alledgedly this is what reno told me. Its happened in all the clios i know

mine had the pretentioners done after 3000miles and ive never had a problem since, loads of people have had a problem with the connection on the loom working loose when the seat is slid forward and tilted repeatedly

BLACKCLIO16V - i dont think they know what there on about at that dealership matey - was it a receptionist that told you that ? They come out with some classics sometimes, dont they !!

Under the pasengers seat there is the clip that connects two sets of wires, undo and reconnect or just fiddle with it till the light goes off....... COMMON FAULT on ALL clios

172nightrider

The airbags have a two volume levels to inflate to. The volume is determined by the force of the impact - nothing to do with the weight of the occupants