ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm help

corsa ecoflex
when i bought my 172 it has had an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser proffesionally fitted(have cert)..the problem is its a clifford and i dont have the manual for it and have a problem with it i think..When i unlock it with the blip i get in the car and start the engine but as soon as i do the doors lock..also if i sit in the car with the key in the ignition without the engine running the car will alarm itself after about 30 secs...is this right or do i need to get it looked at...

RB 182
Both are fine, the 30 secs is to make it CAT1...it's the immobiliser cutting in. The other is to stop people hi-jacking your car at traffic lights for example, should unlock if you open a door from the inside or turn the electrics off by the key.

megane 225
all things you can customise mate, the car will re-lock itself if it hasnt been opened. If the car has been and it is still locking itself this can be changed
what clifford u got?

corsa ecoflex
Cheers mate i was just slightly worried thats all...i guess i better let my insurance company know its a cat 1 as i thought it may have been factory fitted...

corsa ecoflex
D'oh i said it was a factory fitted alarm to the insurance company when i first got the car....it was only last week i realised it was an aftermarket jobbie when i found the certificate

RB 182
D'oh i said it was a factory fitted alarm to the insurance company when i first got the car....it was only last week i realised it was an aftermarket jobbie when i found the certificate
Let them know and make sure they know it's a CAT1 alarm and it may well mean you get some money back (maybe not as well ;))

Clio 172
What type of alarm is it? Clifford made quite a few. You can change most of the parameters yourself as it tells you in the manuals and they are online if you search, the only thing is you will need the valet code.

corsa ecoflex
I have no idea what the model is..i have the certificate stating its a cat 1 and was fitted at cat uk teesport...what am i looking for on the certificate to tell me what model it is