ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm keeps going off

So I have been having a problem with the alarm on my Clio 197, if I leave the battery connected the alarm just goes off all the time, it can take an hour or a day for it to activate again but it goes off all the time. Every time I open the car the alarm beeps (I think three times) even if the alarm has not gone off, I have read somewhere that this is to do with it sensing something between the times it was locked.

I have a feeling this is to do with moisture in the car as it often gets condensation on the inside of the windows. I have cleaned out the scuttle drains and left the doors open on the hot days over the summer to try and dry it out, but last night there it was again. The next step is to try a dehumidifier (but I have to wait till payday to get one as I am currently broke :ROFLMAO:)

Has anyone got any ideas why this may be happening and what else I can do to try and find the problem/fix it?

Thanks,

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Can you try turning off the interior sensors? I know you can do this on the 172 Mk2 but not sure if you can on the 197.

Can you try turning off the interior sensors? I know you can do this on the 172 Mk2 but not sure if you can on the 197.
Thanks, I will have a look into this, have you got any links on how to do it with the 172 I could check out, it could be similar, maybe?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Thanks, I will have a look into this, have you got any links on how to do it with the 172 I could check out, it could be similar, maybe?

Pressing the start button 5 times in quick succession without your foot on the pedals, then get out and lock the car.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
You can also try swapping the wires around on the interior sensors to reduce their sensitivity.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers bro, so yeah, I know where the alarm is getting triggered. What I am asking is what I can do to maybe stop the ingress of water that may be causing the alarm to trigger.

RTFQ.
I'm not sure you understand.. maybe you do ?

If it beeps twice it's (for example) a side door, three times the boot, four the interior sensors etc...

Once you know what sensor is triggering the alarm you can work from there.

"Water ingress may be triggering the alarm" doesn't sound like a solid cause has been found ?