Hi,
Back in the Summer, I locked up my PH1 172 for a few minutes. Upon returning, the key fob wouldn't work. I then had to open the car manually, but the alarm kept going off - and there was nothing I could do to stop or reset it. Starting didn't seem affected and the key appears to work with the immobiliser fine. After that point, the radio display's been garbled (see photo attached).
After numerous tmes of going off, the central locking + alarm now appear to be dormant, apart from when I lift the bonnet, which starts the whole cycle again - i.e. alarm sounds and goes into off / on cycle numerous times before becoming dormant again. Central locking works ok if you use the internal button when inside cabin.
At this point, the car runs fine, but I have to open / lock each door manually. The red lights on dash / gearstick surround flash - as per normal.
I posted a thread a few months back about the internal heater fan stopping. Since then it's started working again...
It would seem that something's up with the electrics in general. Any advice would be gratefully received.
Back in the Summer, I locked up my PH1 172 for a few minutes. Upon returning, the key fob wouldn't work. I then had to open the car manually, but the alarm kept going off - and there was nothing I could do to stop or reset it. Starting didn't seem affected and the key appears to work with the immobiliser fine. After that point, the radio display's been garbled (see photo attached).
After numerous tmes of going off, the central locking + alarm now appear to be dormant, apart from when I lift the bonnet, which starts the whole cycle again - i.e. alarm sounds and goes into off / on cycle numerous times before becoming dormant again. Central locking works ok if you use the internal button when inside cabin.
At this point, the car runs fine, but I have to open / lock each door manually. The red lights on dash / gearstick surround flash - as per normal.
I posted a thread a few months back about the internal heater fan stopping. Since then it's started working again...
It would seem that something's up with the electrics in general. Any advice would be gratefully received.