ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm Recommendations please

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I'm looking to get an alarm asap, but wanted to know what peeps on here recommend :)

I'm not worried if it's insurance approved, just want something that's going to be reliable, not give false alarms and can have a tilt sensor added if not already included.

Not too expensive would be good too - and if anyone knows of someone in the South West who fits them too it would be helpful :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
If its not insurance approved , cat 1 , then its a not approved for a reason , imo must be crap . Your insurance premium will usually be less with a cat 1 alarm fitted so thats whta i'd always go for .

I have a Toad 850T , linked into the factory fitted immobiliser .Second time i've had one , had one on my 172 as well , never had a probelm with it , lifetime warranty .

TheToad AI606 is supposed to be a good alarm as well , £200 fitted from these guys on ebay .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOAD-AI606-CA...5QQihZ017QQcategoryZ75329QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Tbh i heard cobra weren't that good . I've seen people who have had problems with the standard fitted cobra alarm . The toad also works off the original renault key fob .

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Thanks guys :)

Would be good if it did still work off the key so I think the toad looks a good bet :)

172 coming soon
Clifford 950, with Intellistart, Remote Boot Popping for flush boots, Proximity sensors both inside and out, 145db siren, paging alert optional and LOADS of other features..

Put it this way, its gona be alot cheap than repairing a stolen/damaged car