ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm sounds?? and MPG??

RB 182 cup
Hey peeps, i got my 182 cup about 2 weeks ago. It runs like a beauty but there are 2 questions i have:

1) After ive been driving, if i turn the engine off straight away when i finish driving and lock the car it beeps at me 3 times.....but if i leave the engine running to "cool down" then it locks with no beeping. Does anyone else have that?

2) How many MPG are you getting out of yours? im getting about 35.6 when i drive sensibly...

RS 172+
1) I stand to be corrected, but think if you get three beeps when locking the car it means the alarm has been partially deactivated. However, this is done each and every time you exit the car by turning the igintion off, then on and off again. I have to do this at Heathrow were I work because of the low-flying aircraft.
2) I have a 172 and get 46 mpg of a long run and 42 around town.

Da

Less
The three beeps means you have armed the car too soon after switching it off and closing the doors. The ECU hasn't had chance to 'settle', try leaving it 1 or 2 seconds before arming after closing the door and it shouldn't beep.

As for MPG well I can get high fourties too but often average 30 - 40 around town.

Black 197
Im getting 23.6mpg so the trip says but i dont take that as gospel anyway, Mind you i do give it the beans more often than not lol

Clio 182FF
Greetings my friend. I have had my 182 about the same time as you and I also wondered what the hell the beeping was all about. My alarm went of a few times when I got in it too lol. I get about 30 mpg when booting it and 37 ish when driving normally.

Golf GTD Mk7
Im getting 23.6mpg so the trip says but i dont take that as gospel anyway, Mind you i do give it the beans more often than not lol

lol you must give it some mate. I had mine down to 16, but that was after an afternoon at Bedford :)

Clio 200 LY/SV650S
I get 29-33mpg out of my 1.2 8 valve. took it renault and they didnt have a clue what was wrong with it :/
Didnt think it was possible to get it so low on a 1.2!
*edit* Gear change at 2400 revs normally btw not ragging its beans :)