ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

all purpose cleaner

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Never heard anybody using an " all purpose " cleaner before they shampoo !!

You can rinse the car first with either a hose or i use a pressure washer to remove any loose dirt , then use the pressure washer to apply a good layer of foam , then rinse and shampoo using the 2 bucket method and a lambswool wash mitt .

106 GTi
Before doing a big detail on very girmey cars some people pre soak the car with APC before the wash. I have a couple of times on really dirty cars.

Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner is good value at 12 quid for a US gallon which can be mixed up from 4:1 ro 10:1 depending on how strong you need it.

Megs APC will do the same as TFR without being so agressive as some TFR's (I've seen some TFR's stain plastics and tyres :( )

Another option is CG's Citrus wash, its on the same lines as APC but uses natures citrus cleaning ability as a base, oh it smells great too :)

CS Dungeon
Megs APC will do the same as TFR without being so agressive as some TFR's (I've seen some TFR's stain plastics and tyres :( )

Another option is CG's Citrus wash, its on the same lines as APC but uses natures citrus cleaning ability as a base, oh it smells great too :)

Virosol is one of my favourites....its great for wheels too:D

clio williams n0.26
thanx guys , thats wat it was.
i was gonna post that i thought it was some kind of pre-treatment to get rid of the heavy dirt prior to shampoo.

any reccomendations to which is the best one to buy/ value for money

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I have the Megs APC which I got from Clean and shiny which is very useful.

You can get the bottles for it too and spray head which is really good.