ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

all these numbers on tyres?

535d / t5 caravelle
just about to order some winter tyres, i have decided on nankang sv-2 185/55/15, after looking on mytyres, there are 4 options for this make of tyre/size i am confused?

they are all 185/55/15 followed by

86h xl
86t xl
82h xl
82t

what the hell do i order for my cup? is it the load index? evn so i am still lost as to which to order?

cheers

172/1.2/E30
Take the cheapest. Numbers are load index, t = 190 kph max speed, h = 210 kph max, xl = extra load.

Wouldn't choose Nankangs btw. Get something decent. 195/50 r15s might be cheaper aswell.

535d / t5 caravelle
check the reviews on the nankangs chaps, they do very well for the money, these are for winter only, a dam sight better than my hankook rs2's or my goodyears that i couldn't even shift off a flat road last year, i guess i ain't going to be doing any silly speeds, h ones should be fine then, will check prices on the 195/50/15's cheers

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Something to do with load index maybe?

More important are the traction/wear/temperature markings, and if for winter look for either M+S or preferably a little mountain symbol

That's my understanding anyway, I'm no expert mind

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Would not touch nankangs with a bargepole. Winter tyres or not.

Plenty of info on the net as to what all the letters and numbers mean.

535d / t5 caravelle
managed to find some toyo snowprox s953 for £49 a piece at camskill, £71 at mytyres, nankangs are £49 also, not many reviews out on the toyo's yet, the e that are out aren't much different to the nankangs, but i pressume the toyo is the better tyre, hoping to order in the next few days if not today

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Iv used vredestein snowtrack 2 and fulda something or the other winter tyres, would recommend both.

Tbh honest though I'd rather use the cheapest winter tyres in winter than any summer tyre, I was able to drive the clio through some obscene depths of snow

LY R26 230 F1 Team
managed to find some toyo snowprox s953 for £49 a piece at camskill, £71 at mytyres, nankangs are £49 also, not many reviews out on the toyo's yet, the e that are out aren't much different to the nankangs, but i pressume the toyo is the better tyre, hoping to order in the next few days if not today

I've got some toyo snowproxies and they are awesome!

Nankang snowy's for the winter are rated on most tyre reviews!! My GF has them on her MX5 winter wheels and her uncle runs them on his 130i.

535d / t5 caravelle
I'd go for a set of Pirelli Snowcontrols or Bridgestone Blizzaks.

to expensive buddy

Iv used vredestein snowtrack 2 and fulda something or the other winter tyres, would recommend both.

Tbh honest though I'd rather use the cheapest winter tyres in winter than any summer tyre, I was able to drive the clio through some obscene depths of snow

exactly

I've got some toyo snowproxies and they are awesome!

had my heart set on the nankangs after the good reveiws and prices but am very tempted by these now

Even s**t winter tyres are better than good summer ones in the cold and snow.

my thoughts also

Nankang snowy's for the winter are rated on most tyre reviews!! My GF has them on her MX5 winter wheels and her uncle runs them on his 130i.

think people jump on the wagon about nankangs being s**t, i dont put s**t tyres on my cars, far from it, you should google the sv-1 and 2's and check there ratings folks

Trophy Turbo :)
i ran some 245 45 18 on my subaru impreza and when it snowed it just went round in circles LOL oh was that the 450bhp LOL

They were Mitchys :)