ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy dilemma

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I am lookin at buying some OZ F1's atm. There r two sets for sale. Both sim condition but dont care about kurbing. Which is better.

1) about £60 cheaper, but need new tyres and have no bolts, Also is an hours drive closer.

2) Have tyres at various tread 5mm, 4mm, 7mm and 4mm i thnk. These have bolts. Have to drive and hour further to pick them up. Again £60 more expensive if i get them at the price advertised, there maybe competition.

Hope thw two guys who r selling dont mind jus really confused, cheers ppl.
Atm i am looking at gettin first set. ????

BMW E46 330i Touring
I wouldn't bother about the hour's drive, hardly a deciding factor for the 'right' wheels.

If in identical condition, go for the ones with tyres, as it'll mean you can avoid another big payout for 4 tyres = £200-odd. It'll get you through Xmas that way and you can replace them in the summer ready for some more 'spirited' driving.

If the more expensive ones are in better condition, then maybe it's worth getting them to avoid refurb costs down the line.