ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Refurb

CLIO 182
Hi,

Any good places around Wolverhampton area for refurbs?

Also, thinking about matt black for my F1's? Thoughts?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I refurbed my f1's myself at a total cost of around 60 quid. few sheets of sand paper and then 2x primer 4x paint and 2x laquer.

Sand down - wash&dry - prime - hairdryer it dry - prime again - hairdryer again and so on with each wheel. i should of done 3 or 4 coats of paint though!

Then seal them before refitting :)

begbie are you running pink/purple f1's at the moment?? may have seen you about. City powder coating in brum is only £80 a set of 4 wheels

clio 172 cup
if you go for matte black dont bother going professional as theres no shine to the paint which is what shows up most imperfections i spent 20 quid on tin of matte black grey primer and sand paper and they look perfect no imperfections or anything quite happy espcially as was only £20

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
As per Martin...try City Powdercoaters. £20 per wheel to repair and do in one of their standard colours...£30 per wheel if you want something like candy colours and £10 extra per wheel to have tyres removed and put back on. So it could cost £120 to have all 4 wheels repaired and powdercoated and tyres removed and reseated. Just make sure you have a spare set as they have a few days turnaround and are always busy.

CLIO 182
Cheers, Will try to get them in there. Tricky that there only open till 5.

Don't have anywhere to do it myself, otherwise I'd give it a bash.