ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alloy Wheel Spraying

Clio 197
Hi Just Wanted To Know If Anyone Has Ever Had There Alloy Wheels Sprayed. The Ones I Got Now Are Silver And Want To Spray Them Black. Just Wanted Too Know If Anyone Done This And They Came Out Tidy.

Roadster Coupe
yeah easy to spray, did mine myself with cans from halfords. took me two full days to do all four wheels

DCi 100
Spraying them yourself is kinda rig up, but if there just cheap alloys that will get mashed then worth playing with it you fancy it.

If your car is a driveway queen and you want it in pearly condition then get them powdercoated like said above, about £25/30 quid a wheel commonly.

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Had the alloys I got now powdercoated at a place in forestfach, only up the road from you, and they looked amazing. But can be pricey.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
To quote a debate on another forum (performance torque)

"When the powder is applied to cure it they bake it using very powerful heaters which obv heats the coating plus the wheels and alloy has a high constitution of small air bubbles and when these heat up they will expand causing and weakness/inperfections to break.

Usually happens with multispokes ie supert's etc.

Main manufacturing powder coating is the best way as they have the correct method where as smaller places can heat it up to much etc, I have known about this for a few years after a friend took his scooby wheels to get powdercoated and a week later on the road the wheel colapsed cause was put down to the powdercoating causing a weakness on the spokes."