ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine Speakers

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Exactly what i was looking at the other day.

I think there would be a little difference but not enough to warrant the price difference!

Id just go for the type r ones personally!

Mustang, S13, AX GT
The Type X's have a much more impressive frequency range, so whilst the RMS handling isn't as high they will sound loads better as they will pick up high/low tones and accents etc that the Type R's would miss. The Type R's should be fine for you though unless you are really serious about you're speakers. If you were going to spend £280 on speakers something like These http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/1437.html would be a good choice.

"Navy" N17 TWO
The Type X's have a much more impressive frequency range, so whilst the RMS handling isn't as high they will sound loads better as they will pick up high/low tones and accents etc that the Type R's would miss. The Type R's should be fine for you though unless you are really serious about you're speakers. If you were going to spend £280 on speakers something like These http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/1437.html would be a good choice.

Indeed :)

mk2 clio 1.2
i agree
mb quarts are a very big name in pro audio german hand made speakers. alpine are good but its like sony compaired to keff or morel. no match. the mb quarts and alpine xtype sound alot more grand if your running them though a digital amp.

Clio 182
Hi All,

I have the MB Quart Referance speakers in my 182 and with an amp they sound amazing. Really crisp and sharp. Would highly recommend them. I paid £200 for my front components.
Well worth the money in my opinion.

Regards
Rich :)

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Won a set of those X-types on ebay for 102 quid, dunno if its legit but ill be arranging collection so we'll soon see.

just got the type r ones, full set front and rear and OOOHHH MMMMYYYY GGAAAA ( to quote that blonde girl jessica whats her face)

they are simply superb, had infinitys in before, these are in a completely different league

jamie

clio campus sport woo hoo
are you going to put them in yorself? what amps are you going to use? i HAD a pair or spx-137r x types:cool: untill i blew them! :dapprove: looking for new fronts looking at the same fronts as you! any idea what ones you are getting yet?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
Cant afford an amp at the minute so will just run them off the headunit for now. Erm im getting the X-Types, Still boxed from Ebay for £102 ;D

used or knew!? im looking for a new set is its the same guy hes already used them ? he told me that he put them in his car n i refused to buy them be careful!! wheres this guy from ?

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
He bought the wrong size apparently, hes from Birmingham.

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
just been on the phone to the guy selling and apparently they are brand new so :D

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
yeah just getting the one set and putting some Type-Rs in the back. Would love to amp them but quite expensive :<

i had all mine plus a PG amp and 2 MTX THUNDERS 8200 i think they were and wiring for 930 quid 2 mtx subs were over the 950 mark!!!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
haha im not going to bother with a Sub, only got a 1.2 16v so its slow enough as it is lol

thats what i got lmao! and its still nippy 4 a lil 1.2 16v :p i just think i aint gt the engine yet mase well get the boom boom :p