ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

amp placement...

Just wondering as i cant really use my boot space, if there is enough space under the front passenger seat to place it with room for getting wires in and out etc? anyone done it and had problems?

Is your car 3dr? You would be best to build an enclosure around the amp if you did, so you can put fans in it, otherwise the static air may get too hot for the amp, and cause it to over heat,

Autoaucustics(sp) do an amp box that fits into the side of the boot perpendicular to the floor, so only uses about 10cm of floor space, have a look on there website, sorry cant remeber it!!!

if the amp is small enough then you can fit it under the front seats, though make sure all wires have good connections, and ignore the fact that the amps will not be in pristine condition because i guarantee you your rear seat passengers will kick sh1t out of them

best place is in the boot, mounted in a false floor, as rorrie says, when mounted in this way, overheating is a problem, easiest way to avoid this is either build two fans into the install or leave the sides well ventilated

http://www.auto-acoustics.com/ - is the site rorrie wanted to say :D

When you got a amp under the seat... its best to buy an amp with an inbuilt fan! All of mine have, but mine will all be installed in the boot in free air anyways so I dont really make too much use of this feature!

listen to what bambam & rorrie said, thats some good ideas if space saving is needed

yeah thing is, id like this amp for the components, so if i was to get a sub n amp later on, id have no room in the boot...