ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amp worries

172 FF
Can a vibe blackbox 1 amp run a 300w sub? my mate say yes but the vibe site and it say the amp is only 200W which is leaving me rather confused. Can anyone help!?!?

Clio 1.4
It says it can go up to max of 400w but some say that you should never pay attention to that, erm my honest opinion is to wait to see what Tigger replies on here

:)

"Navy" N17 TWO
It says it can go up to max of 400w but some say that you should never pay attention to that, erm my honest opinion is to wait to see what Tigger replies on here

:)

Haha waiting for my response :lolup:

As I've said before I'm not 100% on technical end of things but Im led to believe that an amp with higher rating than your sub & speakers won't do any harm as long as the gains are set properly.

This is quite a mouthful to read so hope it makes sense;
I also read somewhere (when researching/trying to decide what to buy for my own setup) that running speakers or a sub off an amp that isn't powerful enough will do more harm than running off an amp which has more power than required.

My own system has a sub and mono amp both rated at 400w rms & 800w peak

Polo + Micra
i'm running a pair of 400w subs off a 1000w amp set to about 1200w.lol

you can basicly use any amp to run any speaker (within reason) as long as it's setup right you won't have any problems

172 FF
o i forgot what kind of wiring kit will i need? The amp says 19A @ max power... have looked on ebay but am a little confused as theres so many diff types.. Dont wanna buy one only to find its not powerful enough or doesnt fit through my grommet hole! can any 1 help? tigger seems to be a man in the know...

there is a risk using an amp with a higher rating of your sub/speaker as your speakers arent desinged to handle it, so they could blow, your better to get a smaller amp if anything.

as for your wiring kit, it should match the wattage rated on the kit to your amp