ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Amping front speakers

Skoda Fabia vRS

how do you do this in a Clio 1

as you cant really get to the speaker wires can you ?

Mr2 Roadster

Best done directly behind the head unit, break the wires there an locate the amp as close as possible. Either behind/ up and under dash or run cable from head unit under carpet to under a chair or to the glovebox.

Thats my idea, but Im sure youll get some others...

Skoda Fabia vRS

so is it worth trying to get proper speaker cable into the doors or not ?

im no expert on sound quality so would i honestly notice a difference or not

personally i think yes you can notice a difference

and yes it is worth trying to get your own speaker cable into the doors

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Brun, given your skills and i dont mean this in a bad way, dont even attempt it. Youll more than likely be needing to drill into the door, which i dont think would be a wise move for yourself. Plus standard cable should be ok unless your splashing out on an expensive set of components or somthing.

brun what speakers u got?im running standard rt ones wi my kenwood powering 50watts each into them!!

plenty of power to get them running good!

ps if ur gonna change the cable tie your new 1 to the old and just pull it and ul run the new cable through at the same time as u run out your old!!(waste of time cos the wires will handle 70 watts unless there pretty f**ked)

what wont need to amp them, I dissagree, i have the 7894 rb powering some 6.5" kappa infitiny comps, any 60W is 23RMS per channel, that bugger all! Youll get allot better quality with an amp ect. Im about to run the cables into the door from my amp. I post to say how it goes.#

Rorrie

Ya dont really wanna be running speaker cables along the same place as all the power wires. Im just in the process of upgrading mine ice, JBL power 6" component set, 10" infinity sub and highphoncics 4 chanel amp. As my battery is in the boot its easy to power the amp, the RCAs are run staright down the middle of the car into the boot where the amp is. The wires for the comps go back up the middle of the car and seperate at the front and off into the doors, in to the xover and then the comps. Its not really hard, just ver time consuming and a lot of effort to take a load of your interior out. You would be gutted if you spent time doing it only to get interference from other wires or crap wires.

Mondeo STTDCI

I wouldnt bother replacing the speaker wire. mine runs from the H/U to the amp then back to the loom and to the door. No complaints upfront its so clear.

Im running some Rocky FNQs 100w/RMS 200w/peak off of a 4way amp.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by coolspot007007 on 29 May 2003

Brun, given your skills and i dont mean this in a bad way, dont even attempt it. Youll more than likely be needing to drill into the door, which i dont think would be a wise move for yourself. Plus standard cable should be ok unless your splashing out on an expensive set of components or somthing.
lol, you know i always agree with you mate about my skills

350z & 16v Maxi

Sorry but i seem to be disagreeing with everyone, but deffo amp your front speakers and deffo run new speaker cable to them!!!!

Also it doesnt matter if you run speaker cable next to power cable but dont run RCA cable next to power cable.