ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

An inch of water in the spare wheel well.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Water seems to be gathering in the spare wheel well of the Cup. Now, where should i be looking for water coming in? Fuel cap? Rear windows? Also, under the rear bench seems to have slight dampness as well...?

Anyone any ideas as to where i should be looking for the water getting in?

Cheers

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Lights. Not seated right, or the stupid little round plug just above/near the light loom connector hole - you'll see.

Touch the trim on each side of the boot to see which side's leaking .. then go from there.

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Water seems to be gathering in the spare wheel well of the Cup. Now, where should i be looking for water coming in? Fuel cap? Rear windows? Also, under the rear bench seems to have slight dampness as well...?

Anyone any ideas as to where i should be looking for the water getting in?

Cheers

FLOL!! Stick to driving boats you alcoholic pirate.

Open the boot, and above the back lights, you'll see black circular grommets. If you can spin them freely with your fingers, they'll be letting water in. Remove the grommets, squirt some clear bathroom sealer around the hole, refit the grommets.

Thew rear window seals 'sometimes' perish or get fitted incorrectly after a repair but that's a professionals job only to rectify that really.

Check the back lights still have the seal on the back and its sat correctly.

Petrol cap. LOL!

I've sealed the black grommets that Daniel is talking about and mines still letting water in. The seals on the rear lights are fine, and I've narrowed it down to the drivers side but didn't have time to rip panels out as I'd just got to work. Hopefully I'll be able to find it tomorrow if it's raining.

Poopensharten

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
When i said petrol cap, i meant the plastic housing around it, i've never actually seem behind the trim so not familiar with whats there.

So. Lick. My. Balls.

(Thanks!)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine used to leak in the grommets. I also used to get a little bit of moisture under the rear bench.

Make sure your sober when you seal them though!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Take the carpet out. Take the water out. Put talc over the area and see where it gets washed away.