ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

And I thought mobile phone blockers were against the law...

http://www.justice.gov.uk/news/newsrelease070708b.htm

If I was a cynical man, I would suggest that this was another attempt at technology 'creep' - i.e. introduce something 'voluntarily' or only on a small section of society that most people don't care about or think deserve it, then roll it out nationwide as and when they feel like it... (e.g. Pay As You Drive insurance (tracking) schemes, 'voluntary' ID cards, etc etc)

*awaits the conspiracy-theorist bashers* ;) lol

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

If I was a cynical man, I would suggest that this was another attempt at technology 'creep' - i.e. introduce something 'voluntarily' or only on a small section of society that most people don't care about or think deserve it, then roll it out nationwide as and when they feel like it... (e.g. Pay As You Drive insurance (tracking) schemes, 'voluntary' ID cards, etc etc)

Sorry, but I completely agree with that. Mobile phone blockers in prisons should be used. In cinemas also.

Revels Mum & Sister

They are not agaisnt the Law, ofcom ruled that Government organisations can use them. Good idea in Prisons IMO. If you are in prison you have done something wrong, your not there to make calls

Bumder With A Buffer

Sorry, but I completely agree with that. Mobile phone blockers in prisons should be used. In cinemas also.

f**king right. Gets my goat up when the person sitting next to me is constantly f**king around with there phone. Went once and some posh t**t soent 20 minutes on the hone talking rather ludly. Needless to say some chavs started throwing sweets at him and he eventually fucked off out to take to call. The only time I thought it was good that ppl were throwing sweets!

Fiat 500 lounge
when i went to visit my pa in prison they were really strict..i wasnt even allowed to take in a piece of paper with pictures of me my bro and sis. My phone was turned off in a locker along with everything else. I dont think you could have got a phone past the people who searched us tbh, so the only people who can get them in are the people who work in the prisons...but i dont know if its a strict in all prisons...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
when i went to visit my pa in prison they were really strict..i wasnt even allowed to take in a piece of paper with pictures of me my bro and sis. My phone was turned off in a locker along with everything else. I dont think you could have got a phone past the people who searched us tbh, so the only people who can get them in are the people who work in the prisons...but i dont know if its a strict in all prisons...
I believe the crims put them up there bums, set to vibrate.

Fiat 500 lounge
I believe the crims put them up there bums, set to vibrate.

thats gross! xray machine thingys needed in that case =]

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Lol, it's easy, put it up your flute, between your breasts, etc, we aint allowed to search there sadly.

and this little new gadget is making it even easier

smokers-phone.jpg

not to mention phone watches.

And that phone blocker thing is b****cks cos it knock out the houses near by mobiles to.

Fiat 500 lounge

Lol, it's easy, put it up your flute, between your breasts, etc, we aint allowed to search there sadly.

smokers-phone.jpg

And that phone blocker thing is b****cks cos it knock out the houses near by mobiles to.

oooo! are you a prison person then? x

f**king right. Gets my goat up when the person sitting next to me is constantly f**king around with there phone. Went once and some posh tw*t soent 20 minutes on the hone talking rather ludly. Needless to say some chavs started throwing sweets at him and he eventually f**ked off out to take to call. The only time I thought it was good that ppl were throwing sweets!
But surely that's more down to a lack of respect for others, borne out of society's failure to instil chav scum and imbeciles with any sense of responsibility to anyone but themselves?

Why do those of us who can exercise common sense have to suffer?

Next you'll be saying that cars should have GPS speed limiters so we can't exercise any form of self-decision on our speed...

Revels Mum & Sister

smokers-phone.jpg

No they wont. The systems are discrete and have a fairly low output, they can be specced to basically cover an Internal space.

Megane Mk4
About time imvho..

Next to go is all the stereo's, tv's, pool tables, games consoles etc. etc. and make the feckers truly know why they are there in the first place and not for a glorified holiday at our expense.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
About time imvho..

Next to go is all the stereo's, tv's, pool tables, games consoles etc. etc. and make the feckers truly know why they are there in the first place and not for a glorified holiday at our expense.

You'll be happy to know there is a black lad at work in for murder, he has a shower, ps2, can wear his own clothes, has access to a pool table, daily newspapers, freeview, new dvd (w e have to go to the local dvd rental shop weekly) pretty much everynight, own key to his cell door and a full multygym.

Never above 25mpg
About time imvho..

You'll be happy to know there is a black lad at work in for murder, he has a shower, ps2, can wear his own clothes, has access to a pool table, daily newspapers, freeview, new dvd (w e have to go to the local dvd rental shop weekly) pretty much everynight, own key to his cell door and a full multygym.

Thats insane.:eek:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
f**king right. Gets my goat up when the person sitting next to me is constantly f**king around with there phone. Went once and some posh tw*t soent 20 minutes on the hone talking rather ludly. Needless to say some chavs started throwing sweets at him and he eventually f**ked off out to take to call. The only time I thought it was good that ppl were throwing sweets!
But surely that's more down to a lack of respect for others, borne out of society's failure to instil chav scum and imbeciles with any sense of responsibility to anyone but themselves?

Why do those of us who can exercise common sense have to suffer?

Next you'll be saying that cars should have GPS speed limiters so we can't exercise any form of self-decision on our speed...
So by not being able to use your mobile in the cinema, those with common sense suffer? How they won't be using there mobiles, therefore won't suffer. If they want to use the phone, no common sense, so they suffer.

But you're taking away the freedom to decide, therefore implying that everyone is an idiot. (This statement is true for both the cinema and speed limiter issue, and any other issue where 'the state' feels it needs to intervene 'for the greater good'.)

What if you're awaiting an important call?

Or you aren't, but someone's trying to ring you urgently about a family member that may have been long term ill? What are you going to do - just not go to the cinema until they're dead and you won't risk missing an important call you weren't expecting??

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
What? Anyone who anwers there phone in the cinema is a c**t, if your famil is dying don't go to the cinema TBH.

What? Anyone who anwers there phone in the cinema is a c**t,
What if you're awaiting an important call?

Or you aren't, but someone's trying to ring you urgently
My point is that you wouldn't answer it in the cinema, you'd feel it ring and leave the cinema, because you'd exercise common sense when you felt it vibrate.

I agree that only t***s actually pick up in the middle of the film lol

What? Anyone who anwers there phone in the cinema is a c**t, if your famil is dying don't go to the cinema TBH.
That could be tricky if it's an illness that lasts several years...

Audi Q7, Avalanche
I remember reading a case whereby a 'quiz' master made something similar in order to stop people cheating at the local pub quiz! haha.... however, there was a doctor in there on call and no one knew about the jammer and the doctor in question filed a complaint once he realised a week or so later what was happening..... the police case quoted a misuse of 'pirate radio/broadcast' and he was threatened with court action.....

There has been no subsequent follow up so it may have simply been a scare mongering tactic, but phone jammers should be used in particular places. Being in jail is supposed to lead to a lack of freedom and a lack of libities.... for most, it leads to a better standard of living than they could ever achieve on the outside... somehow thats not right.

As for having them at cinema's? i dont think it will be long before people have machines/software that can interact with the software/hardware on your phone to automatically switch the phone to silent or vibrate via its blue tooth capabilities etc.... They also need to employ more staff to actually patrol the theatres like they used to do in the 'olden days' and have security there to remove problem people.

The fact this is having to be introduced (and the subsequent illustration of inmates living standards) is just another indicator to show how the UK is going to the dogs little by little and spiralling out of control, protecting the 'scum' while persecuting the innocent.

As for implying everyone is an idiot? the sad fact is that the government chooses to makes its laws and rules to accomodate the lowest common denominator, thus it does treat everyone as if they are idiots. Get used to it, its not going to change anytime soon.

As for implying everyone is an idiot? the sad fact is that the government chooses to makes its laws and rules to accomodate the lowest common denominator, thus it does treat everyone as if they are idiots. Get used to it, its not going to change anytime soon.
I fear you've just hit the nail on the head. :rolleyes: :dapprove:

Mondeo TDCI 130
About time imvho..

Are you joking? i feel not, i hope you wake him up on night shift to check he is ok? like every hour on the hour?! WAKEY WAKEY KN*B!!!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
About time imvho..

They should have beds in small cells, and exercise yards with the bare essentials. There in prison for a reason and there life should be hell in there.

Oh, but what about their human rights? :rolleyes:

Do-gooding freaks that run the prison service - prison's not supposed to be a free version of life outside!!

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
With the law being so soft if some one is in prison, then generally they are in there for a good reason and can sleep on the floor for all I care.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol our governor wanted the lads to sit outside on sunny days during lunch time.

Al Fresco

Mondeo TDCI 130
lol our governor wanted the lads to sit outside on sunny days during lunch time.

no. lock the f*****s outside all day, sunburn for the win, them slap them on the back, and again, and again, and again,

If you want rights, dont f**k other peoples lives up on purpose!:evil:

I could do this in charge job!:cool: