ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ANNOYED Part 2....

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Following on from my 1st annoyed thread, the car has had the same problem again for the FOURTH time. I have literally had the car for 4 weeks and 2 weeks of these the car has been back at the garage.

Same thing again really - on approach to roundabouts/junctions etc when slowing down the car just stalls all the time.

Then, when driving on the car jolts as if misfiring and then a whole host of warning lights come on and when idling the car is going up and down between 1000 and 3000 revs.

Since this problem started the garage have replaced a throttle body, and last time they sent it to Renault who allegedly gave it a clean bill of health.

I left the car back at the garage and the guy dealing with the problem gives me a ring and says he thinks he knows what the problem is. He says that the car is malfunctioning because i'm not running it with enough fuel in. He said that the there is not enough fuel getting to the engine and this is causing the cat to overheat and this is sending the car into safe mode. I had about a 5th of a tank left in the car and estimate there was around 50-80 miles left in it. I told the bloke that I'd owned two clio sports and had never had this problem before and that I thought he was talking a load of twoddle!

Starting to get really annoyed with this now and considering going down the route of trying to get my money back!

Anyone any thoughts?

Exige S1 + Honda S1
the idle control valve sounds about right, what does the diagnostics say when they plug it in?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The diagnostic originally said it was a problem with a throttle body. The garage replaced this.

The car then went to renault and they reprogrammed the ecu (apparently) and gave it a clear bill of health.

f**k knows whats going on! I dont think the idle control valve would cause the car to go into safe mode though would it?

it would cause the stalling on approaching islands and lumpy idle though. Could also be dodgy pre cat lambda sensor

C

clvs2222

what do you mean by safe mode mate?
at the moment my car isnt running becos its in "safe" mode. i start the car, it idles fine, give it a bit of throttle and then it goes into safe mode and i have my throttle and the car is stuck on just over 2000rpm. im pisssed off also, just bought another throttle body to see if that works, how much you pay for a throttle body from renault?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
what do you mean by safe mode mate?
at the moment my car isnt running becos its in "safe" mode. i start the car, it idles fine, give it a bit of throttle and then it goes into safe mode and i have my throttle and the car is stuck on just over 2000rpm. im pisssed off also, just bought another throttle body to see if that works, how much you pay for a throttle body from renault?

Im assuming its safe mode - car wont rev over 2500rpm?

Throttle body was replaced by the garage so dont know how much.